Left side weatherstrip

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian'

Hey,

I'm looking for a left side weatherstrip as mine suffered of a lot of rust :(
The weatherstrip has to be in good condition, especially near the mirror piece. The weatherstrip does not have any damage/cracks in the rubber. It needs shipping to Naaldwijk, the Netherlands

Really in need of one and these things are really hard to come by. If you have one please PM me!

Just to be clear, were talking about this piece of rubber:
FDkkaUw.jpg

Thanks!

Were you not able to get any from Ford Brian? I replied to your post on the FB page. Good luck!

PM inbound :thumbs:

These damn things cost me nearly £50 each from Ford a couple of years ago iirc, although others have put them at more like £40 each more recently.

Haven't tried them yet, But I have my doubts as everytime I go to the Ford parts here in the Netherlands they say they don't have it. So there might be a slim change that they have it, Will try and ask them tomorrow after school, If someone have not sent me a PM yet :p.

Well, I bit the bullet and bought them new. Bought them from this site: CarParts-Pros.com with the part numbers provided by this topic: Click!

They are also available through Fordpartsuk.com, However they quoted me for £32.50 shipping with the product itself costing £33.46. Prices on the site I ordered them from turn out to be half the price Fordpartsuk quoted me for two.

Will probably have them within 2 weeks time so will let you guys know how to quality is, It is obviously german so I'm not worrying about that.

I'm a really happy person, This made my day really :D

The weatherstrips arrived today!

They are genuine Ford weatherstrips so the fitment is great. So for everyone who's located on mainland Europe, Carparts-Pros can deliver you new weatherstrips if needed. Prices can be found on their website after you filled in the parts number which is located in a topic I already mentioned.

I'm really happy with the weatherstrips, No more ugly ducttape on the place where it split/cracked.

Photo's of the result, Will also post this in my project thread along with some other updates

photo_2015-06-25_21-40-20_zpsumhyej5b.jpg

photo_2015-06-25_21-40-02_zps4dxj2sez.jpg

photo_2015-06-25_21-40-31_zps5nfjqp6z.jpg

photo_2015-06-25_21-40-34_zps5syz7jsy.jpg

I`m glad to hear you got sorted. those new strips look fantastic.

funnily enough, I have just acquired a breaker with the left weather strip in good condition!
Although those new ones look lots better than even the good one I have.

well done..

Back