Locked out of my car! RAC had to break in

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Well went to work at 6am this morning - car unlocked fine with remote
went to lock my car with the remote going in to work and nothing.....I tried pressing the lock button close to the car and still nothing...:(
in the end had to lock the door with the key.

Came out of work to get my dinner...car wouldnt unlock with the remote, tried the key and still wouldnt open, wouldnt turn or nothing....
walked up to Halfords to see what battery the fob had in thinking maybe change the battery :wall: waste of time - Bloody clueless

So rang RAC, he cam out tried the key fob for himself and nothing, tried it against his reciever in the van - battery is fine signal is ok
So he had to break in to the car :( alarm went off as expected once door was opened, he disconnected the battery and left it for a few minutes, reconnected it and informed me I would have to leave the doors unlocked - in a public carpark -NOWAY :shock:
and also said that it is obviously something with the car itself drivers lock needs stripping down and looking at as its knackered by the looks of it...
he also said it could be the ECU not recieving the signal and would have to take it to fords for a diagnostic as they would be the only ones to detect the fault....

Anyways after this while the guy was still there I pressed the boot opener and it worked and though try the doors while heres here and they locked...and unlocked.....did this 3-4 times and was fine :?

Really worried now that if its ECU it will happen again once it reidentifies the problem because of the battery being disconnected and will end up syuck somewhere locked out of the car :'(

Has anyone heard of or known of this to happen before to anyone?!
Please please would like your help before I get my arse raped from Fords - will have to ring anyways for the diagnostic

I would leave the battery disconnected for half an hour to completly reset the ECU. That often cures most common faults with it.

After that id say take it to fords and bend over.

Mine had a problem with the central locking when I first got it where it wouldn't lock at all, and it turned out to be a burnt out bit of wiring in the passenger door. I fixed it temporarily by pulling out the central locking circuit so that the doors just locked and unlocked manually with the key. That problem was intermittent at first and then just got worse and worse. Its been fine since I got it fixed though.

Other than what Dradus said Zara, I'm not sure what else to do :(

I would spray an amount of WD40 into the driver's doorlock to see if that makes it work better. Even if the remote locking doesn't work at leat you can use the key and drive the car.

You might want to check the battery cables are securely tightened to the battery and also check the earthing strap is also secure in case it is a power issue.

Battery is all fine Colin, I know the drivers side lock is no good anyways atm, it will be stripped and sorted on Saturday - but it never even unlocked from the passengar side just nothing happened :S

Hope it cures the fault... :cool:

I had a Nissan once that used to lock itself at random :shock: Stripped the door and found that the factory had put too much anti rattle foam inside the locking mechanism so the door never unlocked fully. Cut it back with a knife, problem solved. I got it really cheap, reckon the seller was scared it would cost loads to fix :p
It got written off in the end (not by me), depreciation over 4 years: £900 :cool:

sheesh, I hope it gets sorted soon proper gutted when it happened today :(

It must have been frustrating (and cold at 6am!). I hope they do actually find a fault because then it can be fixed, could be related to the cold weather now, anything greasy will be somewhat stickier and this might have something to do with the problem perhaps... :?

It wasnt at 6am wen it happened, it was when I came out for my dinner around 10ish coz I left it in the car.....was starving aswell RAC didnt come til 11am :(

I'll have to wait till I get home to see it - photobucket is barred on the work internet.

You need to get one lock working mechanically .
Has a previous owner changed a lock ,(ODD-one-Out)
( but failed to hand over key -since it only opens that door ?)
This may be the cheapest 2 keys ,non Ford fix.

TIP
Always have a Window open , messing with central locking .
Saves embarrassment if car locks when battery is connected !
some other makes love doing this trick .

2nd Avatar PIC is Cool , I can see the SNOW :grin:

cheers, yea she dont like the snow lol

Im taking it in to get it fully checked out as I have no SH with the car - geting bits replaced slowly so I know theyr done :)

I need to get two keys anyways - maybe xmas money lol

Latest posts

Back