Looks like #0038 is dead.

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dal

Administrator
Staff member
:(
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ENGINE-FOR-FORD-P" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... =72%3A1683

lots being broken at the moment :(

another on the other site going for parts, even though not been invovled in a crash of any description.

and 464

mini-DSC_0123.JPG

I know that one spike. I've asked about it via passionford and he won't sell it whole.

I cant understand why people would wanna break a perfectly good car, without even trying to sell it, especially if an offer was made.

Profit.

More to be made from splitting it off for parts than the whole.

Makes my piss boil.

Originally Posted by dal
Hi James,

I see you've posted that your breaking your FRP.

Has it been accident damaged? Is it broken in another way?

Just wondered if you'd consider selling it whole that's all.....

Dal
Hello Dal,

Unfortunatly I will not sell the car whole.

Sorry,
James.

punchballs.gif

I asked a few questions in a PM...

Hi Spike,

Im based in Uckfield East Sussex.

The clip is broken on the other headlight that holds the two parts together.

Car has not been damaged.

Thanks,
James.

It would be nice to know how many frp are still about,there's an frp shell on ebay up the road from me no damage wants £1200 for the shell!!!!

#038's rear bumper has been in my loft for about 6 weeks :-D
£140 ....
They sold the calipers for £75 he told me.... :shock:
But wanted over £100 each for the head lights!!!

They should do a bit more research when they get a special in before pricing the bits.

I asked for the fuel cap, offered £20 for it, got a PM back on PumaPeople saying he was looking at £100 for it! WTF?

Neil I think that's how much Ford charge for a new one.

I think 0038 has been broken for a few months, looked pretty beat up.

Is a shame :(

I did hear that the renault alvantine is more rare in the UK than a racing puma., as only about 470 sold in the UK!

link

lrg-17-gaydon_1.JPG

Avantime.

And the figure I last saw was less than 400 (But that's UK only). Worldwide sales were greater.

Now that was a great car. A guy on another forum i visit had one, loved it.

I reckon FRP's still on the road, the figure is around 400.

Neil said:
I asked for the fuel cap, offered £20 for it, got a PM back on PumaPeople saying he was looking at £100 for it! WTF?

I'm pretty sure Big Al on the other forums got the fuel cap for about £20, might have been #295's ??
I had the front calipers and exhaust manifold off that one :p

Neil said:

brand new FRP fuel caps cost £80.79 inc VAT.

£100 for a second hand one is just a joke.

It might enrage people to see them broken for money but its been going on with rare cars for years such as with cosworths etc. Most cosworths are worth far more broken due to the cost of modified parts.

The way to stop it with FRP's is not to by the spare parts. we have quite big community between the 2 sites and most of us dont want broken frps. ultimatly prices are set by demand. sure fiesta CHAVS will go for the seats and engines in a lot of cases but we as a group can control the prices of the rest if we are willing to do so.

Back