Looks like #0038 is dead.

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Id like to agree Warren but i can honestly say if a manifold or similar came up and i had the money i would go for it.

Dogsbody said:
#038's rear bumper has been in my loft for about 6 weeks :-D
£140 ....
They sold the calipers for £75 he told me.... :shock:
But wanted over £100 each for the head lights!!!

They should do a bit more research when they get a special in before pricing the bits.

it was me :D and they were 70 each inc discs! got the interior as well for buttons :p the only reason i didnt get more was cos I couldnt fit it all in the car !

I gave Dan £150 for 295's calipers.
They look a bit better now than when I bought them.
Alconspowdercoated4.jpg

Thanks.

Shot / bead blasted and powder coated £50 and I have been machining up pistons at work :)
Chrome bar, a few question marks about it's anti corrosion properties.
But time will tell. :wink:

I would have thought better, as how many JCB's do you see with rusty hydraulic rams?
Same material :cheer:

Some people on other forums disagree.
I'm not bothered, I will be changing the with another pair of Alcons every 12-18 months so I can keep a good eye on them.
Couldn't beat the price either, took me about an hour to make 4 once I had the first done. (I made one spare) 38mm ones.
Before shot.
DSC00125.jpg

Are the rams lubricated though? Maybe the oil helps keep them in healthy condition?

Time will tell though, it's be cool if you let us know in a few months/year etc..

.. might be interested in a set down the line lol.

They look tired in that pic, look like new in the previous pic!

Now finished the rebuild :D
I'm pretty happy with them and the cost £52.80 for the powder coating and two new bleed screws.
I used stainless C/heads to hold the pad rails in (work supplied them) :wink:
Alconrefurb18.jpg

Alconrefurb13.jpg

Alconrefurb1.jpg

Got a bit carried away over a quiet weekend at work and now have a spare set for the spare set of 38mm pistons :thumbs:

Back