lower on 16s

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sapuma

ive just bought myself some nice 16'' 5 spoke (to be different) rims which i hope to to refurb and put onto my puma. but as in another post i mentioned one of my shocks is leaking and the other is on its way out. so my dad thought he was being helpful by buying me new shocks and springs, but 30mm lower in the back and 40mm lower in the front. and as grateful as i am, im not sure if this combination will work?
has anyones puma got a similar set up?
advise would be helpful, thanks.. Matt :)

Most drop 30mm with no problems, Had my old moondust silver 1.7 lowered by 30mm and didnt notice any problems. But the 40mm drop on the front might cause the tyre to make contact with the arches.

16's wont cause you any problems with rubbing, however as far as optimum for handling goes id say around 40mm

ScubaSteve said:
16's wont cause you any problems with rubbing, however as far as optimum for handling goes id say around 40mm

Well the overall radius of the wheel+tyre needs to be the same anyway or your looking at an incorrect speedo. :p

But at 40mm and on full lock the front inner side of the tyre will be very close to the arch lining if not touching it. If that happens the only way to cure it would be spacers.

mines down about 40-50mm no problems whatsoever, doesnt even look close to anything tbh, same went before i had my spacers aswell

had it right down aswell when i just fitted my coilovers, still was ok lol

Ah well if thats the case shouldnt be a problem then, although i would keep an eye on it just for the next few weeks just to make sure.

Any abnormal tyre wear on the inside or scuffing on the lining means it is making contact.

Just remember that if you lower the car and the spring travels too much you'll wear the arch lining out under heavy cornering.

Latest posts

Back