MAF fitting problem

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alexwilliams840

Hi all got a slight problem.

As i want to move the MAF next to the TB I'll obviously need to have a reducer so the intercooler piping can fit on, however I cannot find a suitable coupling for the two. There is a 1 inch difference between the two as the intercooler piping is 2.25" and the inlet side of the MAF is 3.25"

What have you guys used? Could I stretch a 3" to fit?

Many Thanks!

I'd be amazed if the standard MAF sensor can cope with the massive increase in air you will be passing through it - Its been carefully calibrated for a NA engine. Assuming you want a half decent turbo conversion, then trow the MAF it away, fit a MAP sensor and then a Unichip or after market ECU which can use the data from the MAP sensor to help determine engine load and hence the correct ignition and fuelling requirements.

Ziggy said:
I'd be amazed if the standard MAF sensor can cope with the massive increase in air you will be passing through it - Its been carefully calibrated for a NA engine. Assuming you want a half decent turbo conversion, then trow the MAF it away, fit a MAP sensor and then a Unichip or after market ECU which can use the data from the MAP sensor to help determine engine load and hence the correct ignition and fuelling requirements.
A very good turbo conversion can be done on the Puma and with keeping the MAF. It's already been done and was better than half decent with very positive results, which you would already know if you had actually read the build thread!?

Yes, an aftermarket ECU is great but not necessary for the time being. It will be when I want to run higher boost and need to alter the fuel map and ignition timing

I'd recommend leaving the MAF next to the air filter.
The MAF will struggle with the heat from a the boost once you exceed a boost and heat threshold.
I'm sure I read on here that someone had problems moving the MAF next to the throttle body.

Back