major oil leak

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bettie boo

hi guys hoping you can help, just noticed my puma has a puddle of oil under it, i got down and looked under the car and from the middle of the engine right the way across to the drivers side is lagged in oil but i just can't see where it is coming from?? anybody any ideas cheers matt

Have you checked the level?

The most common place for leaks is from the rocker cover gasket.

Can you see if from the top of the engine?

i can't see much oil at the top but i will check the gasket and see if it is sitting properly cheers

checked the gasket and it had moved! what a b*atard to get in position was like it was nearly too small for the rocker cover! needed like 8 hands lol hopefully that has worked cheers guys

Yeah was it a pattern gasket? A lot of people including me have found them to be tight, I stuck mine with gasket sealant so it wouldn't move when putting it back together!

it was a pain in the ass! when i put the cam end in the other end came out i pushed that in and the middle came out lol i was close to tears but for the love of my puma i got there in the end and fingers crossed all is well!

Back