Mallory Park

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oilburner

From what I understand Mallory Park could close due to complaints about noise from local residents. People who move next to a racetrack then complain about the noise! Best get another track day in there!

Been in the local news round here, its a shame but the council tend to side with the people now... if im to believe everything i read then it also looks like a housing developer has put an offer in for the site.

I side with the race track because how can people choose to live near a race track and think oh they make too much noise?! I mean you knew it was there so surely you'd know there may just be a possibility of high noise levels. If you don't like it why do you live there?!?! This goes for anyone else who live near a racetrack and thinks it's too noisy. Move somewhere else if you don't like it and let us enjoy Motorsport while we still have it!

It's a great little track I hope it doesn't go. I once did a bike trackday without Edwinas and the Bus Stop chicanes and it was stupidly fast the Lake Esses were frightening

Lol, that's like buying a house near an airport, then complaint about the noise and getting the airport shut down! I bet it's miserable old farts with nothing better to do, curtain twitching all day and writing a log of everything that happens in the rd!

PumaNoob said:
Lol, that's like buying a house near an airport, then complaint about the noise !

that's exactly what the residents in the villages around EMA seem to do whenever they think they can reduce the number of flights or the size of the planes taking off and landing!

they didn't complain when their houses cost them a bit less because of their proximity to the airport...

I wonder if they would still have the same opinions if the councils said "we can shut down the track, but you will have to pay back the amount you saved on your house because of the noise levels"! There may be a fair few local businesses that rely on traffic from the track.

They've been breaching noise regs since the 80's. it was just accepted then, now new people that have moved to the area feel a need to complain, it's a very similar situation that affected croft circuit a few years back.

Crazy, they used to run BTCC, non championship 500cc GP races and Superbike races. Now there's hardly anything on and now they complain!

its the people who control the world, so we are told and we are the people, again so we are told, The people complain about everything, being no jobs, nowhere to have fun, nowhere to do anything...we have a sick country run by sick people who have lost the will to live and let live...its a crazy place...but there is little anyone can do anymore, 112 complaints justify the closure of a facility in use since 1956..its nuts...

Back