Melina Blue 1.7 Project - (Subtle, Car Audio Based)

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leroy_990

MY PUMA 1.7 - To this day the most fun car ive ever driven considering only owning big thirsty automatics for the past 6yrs

Took the car off my mum around October 2013 when it failed its mot on alot of things so she got a new car and asked me to take it to scrap it! Couldn't do it after all the leaking footwells, failing heater control valves i had fixed in the past for her. Everything has been done by myself so far Since i took it needed new shock absorber so replaced the suspension leg. Split cv gaiter replaced, both suspension arms replaced (car was making an awful creaking noise before)
Still a few advisories after getting it through were brake discs so planning going for some drilled grooved fronts with some greenstuff pads as the brakes are awful being rear drums.
Next advisory was the rust on the arches - its only getting worse and when fixing the washer pump there was alot on the front lower arch corner which seemed to be crumbling away so thats another thing on the list. Another was oil leak which I have a feeling is coming from the gearbox

Enginewise the car is perfect considering its done 124000 miles on the clock, hasnt been serviced in 4 years (50,000 miles!) and fuel economy is unbelievable. It does use alot of water and oil tho and i do have to top this up at least once every 1000 miles but I cant fault how smooth and reliable it is. Couple of starting issues, sometimes needs gas applying but that's expected until it has a good service.

Gearbox has started giving a little trouble since ive been using the car (im pretty sure its the way ive been driving the car (a whine in 5th gear only at any speed) and the clutch is also on its way out. I do have a feeling the gearbox is going to soon lose fifth gear BUT that gives me an excuse to do something a bit more wild and creative

A list of things ive already done
Window Tints- Limo rears, Light Smoke fronts - fronts been removed twice by police (I feel like im driving naked without tints so will be redone just have to put up with the £30 fines each time
Pioneer DEH-30MP Cd player (Black fascia surround soon to be sprayed silver to match with the dash
Front headlights removed and cleaned inside/compounded due to awful visibility (Reccomend anyone doing this as its simple and very effective)
LED number plate lights (not a fan of these but they do freshen the rear of the car up a little
LED white sidelights

Plans:
Bigger front brake discs
Fully custom subtle audio install - (Pioneer head unit, kenwood kgc-4042a graphic equalizer, infinity front door speakers, 2 bullet tweeters where rear speakers go, 2 jl audio w3 subwoofers,3 jl audio amplifiers (currently building the enclosure)
HID Conversion
Leather Interior is a must at some point
Wheels & Tyres - Considering going for 15" bbs rs style deep dish but to pull this off it means lowering the car a substantial amount - not really a fan of lowered cars
Engine - Nothing at all.......... until it gives up (thats if it does) ;) or if the gearbox is dying then something needs to be done
Rust repairs and spraying

Im sure i will end up doing alot more

Heres some pics to share and i had sneak two of my other car 01 E320 CDI Avantgarde Auto (only used at night. has 260bhp with 400lbft torque decatted & remapped - Loves kicking out black smoke. Also has a full Diamond Audio/ Kicker audio install. Power and luxury

Sorry for such a long post but i got a little carried away
Any advice, recommendations are more than welcome. This topic will be kept upto date as theres at least something to do on this car at least once a week

Heres some pics

The day it came into my posession:

2 hours later.... Finished tinting windows

Headlights removed to clean inside

Clean

Back