millennium interior

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

georgekaritzis

Well i got myself a beautiful milli interior , i paid £150 for all seats and door cards, The fronts are in great condition with only little wear on drivers bolster . When i mentioned this in my last post i was told that i would have to [bodge / fit ] the pre-tensioners and airbag sensors .... question is this a big job ? whats involved .

Hi there

I think you've misread what I said in the previous thread. You possibly won't have to bodge the seat at all as it could be a direct replacement (Depending on what year car you are putting it in). It was me who is going to have to do the bodging as I have gone the aftermarket route so will have to transfer the pretensioner and airbag sensor over from my existing puma seat to the new frame and seat to retain those functions. The only problem you might have is that there was a change of hardware between the early Puma's and the newer ones regarding the floorpan and the airbag gubins but I have attached a thread that will probably explain it better than I ever could

http://www.pumapeople.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=107055" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That's ok

Hopefully it'll just be a case of unbolting and unplugging your old seat's, removing them then doing the reverse order with the new seats. What year car have you got just out of interest? The Millie seats are meant to be a decent upgrade to the standard seats which many have found a little to a lot uncomfortable over the years! Follow the safety warning re disconnecting the battery for a while before tinkering with the airbag wiring! Make sure you have your radio code as well for the restart, it would be a proper bugger if you couldn't get the radio working again!

Thanks for the advice , i read the link which was very useful [ disconnecting the battery ], My pumas a 2002 , i may have mentioned its only done 29000 miles with no rust anywhere , quite a find

Again i did not read your message properly, the radio i know i do not have the code .. is there a default code [ factory setting ]

The pretensioners are only held on with one torx bolt. You may find it easier to remove the plastic surround but it can flex enough to get it out if you are persistant. the cable just feeds through easily enough.

georgekaritzis said:
Again i did not read your message properly, the radio i know i do not have the code .. is there a default code [ factory setting ]

I've absolutely no idea to be honest but I'm sure if you ask the question someone will know. Are you sure it's not written in your owners manuals or service book anywhere? It will be a four digit number if there is a random one in one of the booklets

If not would removing the fuses that cover the electric's to the seat's be enough assuming that the same fuses don't do the radio as well??

Technically if you leave ignition off for half hour and/or remove the fuse, you will 99.99% be fine as the charge in the system will of died off by then.

however the correct answer is disconnect battery.

gigglebug said:
georgekaritzis said:

I've absolutely no idea to be honest but I'm sure if you ask the question someone will know. Are you sure it's not written in your owners manuals or service book anywhere? It will be a four digit number if there is a random one in one of the booklets

Failing that, there is a link on here somewhere where you enter your serial number from the top of the stereo and it will tell you the code :)

Back