Mucky Engine bay?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought some Chemical Guys engine degreaser:

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/engine-am" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... d_191.html

Its good stuff and as you dilute it, it'll last ages. At the end of the day, you just need to be patient and try and enjoy it. Atleast you will know you made it look that good when finished!

Here's mine after using that degreaser:

18072008491.jpg

i have been told to get something called Gunk...not got round to gettin any yet n prob never will do but apparently its dead good stuff

Good old Gunk. I can remember using that to get my metro oil stains of my dad's drive.... lol

Dont steam or powerwash it, unless you know exactly what your doing, and even then, its not really that good an idea.

well i considered a bucket of hot water with some degreacing fluid? is that a safer option? i was going to do it today but its just started raining even though iv just spent all morning washing both my car then my dads!!! :x

some good wheel cleaner (non acidic aliminium cleaner preferably) and a steamer or hot water pressure washer.
use 1 at work to clean engines dus the job a treat and as long as the engines runnin dusnt do any damage. just dnt get the steamer near to the coil pack (not the end of the world but better be safe than sorry, mine ran lumpy for 5 mins or so wen i steamed my coli pack by accident lol)

just spray cleaner on and leave it few mins b4 touchin it with water and dnt dilute it to much as will take its effectiveness away.

i sprayed it with wheel acid and the jet washed it... i know its not the best way but damn it works well and ive done a few times and its never caused any problems

Back