Must be OEM

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frank

This thread is intended as an ongoing catalogue of Puma parts that really should be Ford OEM or you'll enter a world of pain.

I seem to recall rocker cover gaskets, timing belts and wishbones(?), but anyway just list what you know, (with the Part Nos is also a big help.)

I'll start -

#1. Heater Control Valve (HCV) - must be Ford Part No. 7N21-18495-AB. * This is the good 2006/7 version that replaced the suspect early Ford versions. There are also Chinese copies of these valves around and all are really rubbish (see many YouTube vids)

* replaced in 2012 by 7N21 18495 AC (Finis 1714716)

Hi Frank
Definitely rocker cover gaskets and probably all suspension components as Ford ones seem to last lots longer. Timing belts, the Gates kits are top quality. Also important to have good quality lambda sensors but haven't tried NGK or Bosch so I can't comment on them, cheap ones last just months.

Frank said:
[post]368226[/post]
#1. Heater Control Valve (HCV) - must be Ford Part No. 7N21-18495-AB. This is the good 2006/7 version that replaced the suspect early Ford versions. There are also Chinese copies of these valves around and all are really rubbish (see many YouTube vids)
You might have trouble finding that Part No., as it was replaced in 2012 by 7N21 18495 AC (Finis 1714716) and possibly again since then.

YOG said:
[post]368233[/post] You might have trouble finding that Part No.
I bought one using that part no. a year ago, so it still (or did) sort of exists. Edited in the updated/replacement part no. into the opening post.

If it makes it easier for people, you can also list non-OEM stuff that failed on you then people would know what to avoid.

Or/

List non-OEM stuff that is really good, like those SGS Tailgate struts.

Whatever works for you.

Since you opened the possibility to list a part that is known to be good, I have to report that I have FeBi HCV that is working nicely for over 3 years now. I wanted to buy the OEM, but when I had collapse of the HCV and needed to repair the car to reach home, on such short nitce I could source only FeBi HCV and it worked out nicely.
So, I can recommend the FeBi HCV as a good one.

Febi Bilstein Heater Control Valve is 24233

GATES Timing Belt Kit K035433XS (PUMA 1.7), Make for Ford.

I have been running the following Febi Bilstein products, installed between 2008/2010, without problems:
08080 Rear Wheel Bearing Kit - with shaft seal.
05412 Front Wheel Bearing Kit - with axle nut and cotter pin.
08167 Left Outer Tie Rod End.
08169 Right Outer Tie Rod End.
18062 Ball Joint Kit, Fits Track Control Arm.

Latest posts

Back