My little run around project

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jodylee4444

First off thanks for all the help in getting it running and it just went through the m o t and just had to change a tyre, So just waiting to sell my scooby and then i can get it on the road.

Some of you might not want to see this but this is how i picked it up. :evil:

Luckily im a car valeter so stripped out the inside and began the clean.

Here are some of the floor inside the car. Cleaned with APC and treated any rust spots and sealed parts with silicone.

I will take some more pictures if the finished inside but cant find the ones i took :(

I had read about water leaks in the passenger footwell and mine was a bit wet so stripped out the scuttle panel and cleaned with APC and filled all the gaps with silicone, Touch wood it has been out in all the bad rain we had and the floor is bone dry.

And last on the list today was the paint work which was no better either, The rear arches are quite bad but that will be done another day, Here are some before and afters ( not perfect but a lot better.

I dont have massive plans for the car but i want it looking tidy and driving nice and will update as i do things.

Fantastic bit work on the clean up :thumbs:
That really was a neglected little Puma. How is the all the mechanical side of things ?
I'm guessing it has not had any type of service judging by the pictures :-(

Cheers for the comments, I fitted new cambelt water pump and thermostat about 5 months ago on the car but they took it to a garage and they could not get it running right and told them to scrap it, i got my hands on it and with the help from people on here i found out it was the TPS replaced with a £12.99 one of ebay and sorted it out. i has done 148k but does not sound or feel like it, As said it went straight through the m o t with only a tyre needed. Next i will give it a good service and see how it goes.

Great work there mate! :grin: Good to see that the previous owner took such great care of their pride & joy!! :lol:

I'm suprised you wasnt scared by the state of the interior, some people are skanks, great job though fella :)

Scared, you should see some of the cars that come through the workshop ( even fiesta's that they have used for years carrying sheep around the fields and not to mention all the baby sick and spilled milk ) but i love the look on there faces when they pick them up. :grin:

Well today is the day my scooby is going, A sad day but just a bit to juicy for me at the moment ( 15 - 18 mpg ) and i get to drive the puma when i get home :grin: .
I will update when i start to do things to it.

Brilliant clean up there dude. Mine could do with that sort of treatment not that I am that bad but I do a lot of spraying with my job to the seats and carpets are lets just say a little worse for wear. Gereat result there :grin:

Oh my god! I have seen some seriously mingin cars but that by far has to be the worst! Want to come do the body work on mines lol

That is a brilliant transformation. I'd have thought twice about whether the seats would clean up at all, never mind as good as that!

Well i have just ordered my Hoffman race tube which should be here in a few days, and if all goes well i would like to make a start on the rear arches next weekend. :grin:

Back