my new car

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikeFRP

as some of you was aware i was after a runaround so i can keep the miles of the frp. After test driving a suzuki baleno and old clio and hated them and was having no luck finding a cheap car i liked that was in good condition.

However i finaaly found one, ,lol. A VW golf 1.4. A friends garage was selling it and i got a very good deal on it :D

Covered 97k, he fitted a new clutch, cam belt, gave it a full service and 12 months mot. All for 1000 quid :D

heres afew pics, what do you think??

DSCF0705.jpg

DSCF0706.jpg

DSCF0707.jpg

Bargain mile muncher!

Looks in great condition as well and should be reliable being a golf.

:eek:k:

Looks great mate :thumbs:

For the age you can't grumble at all at that price :D

That was made in the period were VW were still affordable no nonsese cars, before the current Audi rivals they have beacme. Should be bullet proof.

thanks guys, yeah its in really good condition for the age. Bit more than i wanted to pay for a second car but its alot nicer and better car i think. hopefully be trouble free so i can spend money on the frp lol.

Golf Mk3s are well build and designed before the penny pinchers started making cars.

Having said that, I work for VW commercials and drive a Puma. What does that tell you?

Overrated, overpriced, under engineered, problematic and dull :p

Sorry but that's just my first hand opinion having had experience with a Passat TDi of the same age which is virtually the same thing, just a bigger sausage. I'd never buy another. I still can't believe they would fit non-vented front discs to a 1500kg (load carrying) estate car capable of 115mph.
I wasn't aware the Golf 3 having a good reputation for reliability or build quality- anyone remember this?
2373255099_0805cd3f5e.jpg

Much prefer old Jap stuff which is simply...dull :lol:
At least for the budget of £1000.

But what actually matters is that you are happy :cool:

yeah i agree its dull, just wanted a runaround in decent nick and this fitted the bill just nicely. big enough, 5 doors, wat i thought would be a reliable car (i hope) and as he has spent not far off 500 quid doing things for me, i thought it was extremely well priced.

hopefully ive done well with this one, lol

only thing iv got against cars of that period is; look at the styling!!! so bland, thinking fiesta mk3a snoopy eyes too....

ok, its a silly point but everyone beat me to say...

vw....golf.....less than galactic miles.......bulletproof....bit dull but theres an frp just waiting for the weekend.....!

i drive my other halfs 106 most days; quite impressed with the drive and economy but shes been very lucky, iv had 2 mates with them & they both fell apart!!!!!!!!! never buy french! (unless its a clio v6........oooooo!)
started driving that after she paid less for front discs and pads & fitting at a DEALER than i paid for frp brake pads!!!!!!!!!!

jacko said:
vw....golf.....less than galactic miles.......bulletproof....bit dull but theres an frp just waiting for the weekend.....!

love that line, lol

Looks better than the absolute shitter of a Fiesta I bought to keep my FRP good. Selling it as soon as I get chance.

my old fiesta went in a skip! by the time id released it of all the good bits there was pretty much a bare shell and a dash! chopped the roof off, shortened it a bit & it went straight in!

Latest posts

Back