My new project

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bobman

Hi all

I've only been a member for a cpl of weeks when I bought my first puma

Always wanted a puma, and finally I now have 1. I got this 1 to do a restoration on it and change it a little in my own way

I spent a few months trawling thru auto trader lookin for a decent enough car to start on

Saw quite a lot but some were too far away.

1 day on my way to work I noticed a puma front end sticking out a drive way with a for sale sign in the window but it was too small to see. After finishing work I passed again and stopped to have a look

It look really clean, few stone chips on the bonnet, a few tiny scuffs here and there and a little bit of rust around the rear arches. The price tag in the window was £300, so I knocked on the door. After talkin with the owner we took it for a test drive. The drive was really good, it felt solid, it. Actually felt better to drive than my 2006 grand scenic. We got back and I parted with my £300 and drove it home

The car is a 1999 v reg 1.7 with 118,000 miles on the clock with the remainder of 3 months test and 3 months tax. I ain't bothered about the tax and test coz its comin off the road anyway to be stripped down so I can do the restoration on it

Cpl of pics for ya

While trailing thru the posts on here and lookin at other pumas I have decided to turn it into a replica racing, so my lists of items I am goin to want have started to grow.

Just put down a deposit on a frp kit and a front brake upgrade from kizza. So in the next cpl of weeks the stripping is gunna start

So there ya go, that's the beginin of the start.

Thank you for lettin me join and I hope I can pick some of your brains later for any advice

Bob

Good stuff! Looking forward to what u get up to with this, remember to claim the remaining tax back.

yeah really looking forward to the FRP kit going on, plenty of pics please

Love this colour

VW_SCI1.jpg

Hi
Don't mean to be a buzzkill but before you spend any money get it jacked up in the air or have a look at it under a four poster.
Rust is the ultimate enemy of a Puma so have a good look around the outer and inner sills and the floorpans. If it's rusted on the outer arches there's a likelyhood that it will be rusty underneath as well.
Good luck :grin:
Barry

Right, today I visited my local gsf in west brom, and gave him a list of parts to start me off

Hand brake cable
Rear brake drums
Brake shoes
Brake cylinders
Brake shoe fitting kit
Rear wheel bearings
Front wheel bearings
Front wheel hubs

A visit to eBay and I ordered

Rear copper brake pipes
Set of 4 braided brake hoses
Cat back exhaust to rear silencer

Kizza is still building my frp body kit and my upgraded front brakes

I'm restoring the car so everything mechanical is bein replaced, at some point I will be stripping the engine and rebuildin it with new internals so it will be like a new engine (hopefully)

Bob

Bobman said:
Love this colour

VW_SCI1.jpg

There's a standard European Puma colour called electric green you might want to consider, its a bit more zesty than that one :thumbs:

Latest posts

Back