My Puma - First Photo's

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dookie

Here are the photos of the Puma i bought a few weeks back, finally got around to taking some! Haven't changed much on it yet, though will do in time, and i will record all upgrades here! Only things i have done so far are the Puma De-cal on the top of the windscreen, the project puma stickers in the rear windows, and i have put gel overlays over the ford badges, to turn them black!

4560135665_4c7cdb1fce_m.jpg

4560761682_67f7f3ab00_m.jpg

4560131383_758cfe4eaf_m.jpg

4560759942_f16173d1b6_m.jpg

4560759058_a117491c8a_m.jpg

are those decals on inside or outside?
you should paint those rear hubs black to match the car and get some bigger alloys to siut
have a look at these
http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=7504" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Decals are all on the inside.. don't want any of the kids round here picking them off!
Yeah, will get some bigger alloys, probably 16's. Thanks for the link!

these would look ok
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ford-alloys-/250622155616?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CarParts_Acc_Wheels_tyres_Trims_Car_Rims_ET&hash=item3a5a3e9b60" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

or these similiar to mine would be easy to get another alloy
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/17-inch-wheels-/110523168391?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CarParts_Acc_Wheels_tyres_Rims_Car_Wheels_ET&hash=item19bbb1b687" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

these black ones would suit
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/17-inch-black-and-chrome-BSA-alloy-wheels-/180496259159?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CarParts_Acc_Wheels_tyres_Rims_Car_Wheels_ET&hash=item2a066a5857" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Yeah, they will be changed eventually. As i say, these pictures are pretty much exactly how i bought the car.. i think the person before me used it as a bit of a project themselves.

looks nice mate. i agree with the others about painting your drums black and changing the alloys and LOWERING it but these are things you can get round to in your own time.

I'll have to be careful lowering it.. speed bumps everywhere around here! The drums do need to be repainted, i started another thread the other day saying how the paint is peeling and it's rusty underneath, so that's on the to-do list. The car in general is a great base to start on though i reckon. Still need to get pics up of the neon's!

Mod Edit - no need to quote the last post

this is why ive never painted mine they just get messed up after a while and look crap specially with those chemicals valleters use to clean your wheels the paint peels off quickly

lol then dont pay someone to clean your car. do it yourself!

lowering it isn't such a problem with speed bumps you just need to go slower.

lowering springs would be best for you if you only want to drop it a little and still be able to go over speed bumps a bit easier.

I lowered mine on coilies down to 70mm and i had no problems with speed bumps. its all about your speed over them.

go fast and the dampers compress and you bottom out, go slow and they dont compress and jobs a gooden

Mod Edit - no need to quote the last post

my mates is a professional valleter and has all the right cleaning products which would cost me loads to buy he doses it about 4 times as quick as it would take me my hands stay clean and my car...lol

i really cant remember the last time i cleaned or waxed a car myself thats what valleters are for maybe when i own a porsche id do it myself

looks a nice one mate :D

Agree with Tyei boi about the lowering and speed bump issues... Im hoping to get mine dropped 40mm soon just have to be careful with the bumps :eek:k:

lol pot holes and kerbs. if your alloys are buckling because of stiffer suspension on normal road then your alloys are made out of chocolate lol.

its all about washing the car yourself! its the pleasure of owning it! :)

TyeBoi said:
lol pot holes and kerbs. if your alloys are buckling because of stiffer suspension on normal road then your alloys are made out of chocolate lol.

its all about washing the car yourself! its the pleasure of owning it! :)
all alloys are relatively soft compared to normal steel ones

stay away from replicas i buckled a few on previous vw's

yeah washing your car in the summer aint bad get a sun tan at the same time but in winter brrrr id rather sit in my house with a warm cup of tea watching my mate freeze his nuts off valleting it..

2 more pics, as the Puma came with neons on, may aswell upload some pics of them! Sorry for the poor quality!
4575622017_04bd77675f_m.jpg

4576254484_44964e5484_m.jpg

must come in handy to see things that are dropped and roll under the car at night..lol

Latest posts

Back