My Puma.. Maximum Track Attack!!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Noobrider said:
LOL, I can barely see over my wheel, the seats are mounted on runners that are bolted onto some 1inch box section welded directly to the floor.

You got a picture? I'd be interested to see how you've done it, may be a better solution to what I have.

Got my new seat and harness in... So comfy!! Needs to come forward a bit but being as Ive now done away with the runners this means unbolting it and re fitting... :twisted:

Its also a 5 point harness but I need to drill the hole and fit the ball breaker strap next weekend

10675543_10152540567934142_5402942120067819202_n.jpg

Spent sunday morning/afternoon doing a couple of jobs on both my cars but managed to officially comfirm that my n/s front coilover has had it.

So im on the look out for a replacement, if not i'l get it repaired. Hopefully the car will be back in one piece in the next week or so, then I can get it taxed and back out on the road for some hoonage!

Im making the most of this year with the car as at christmas time its going up for sale.

See my thread in Puma Area... Trying to decide what it's worth, I have no idea!?

when I do sell it'll lead to something bigger and better!

If its got a cage, a track car can bring really good money.
Without, they rarely bring what they`re worth.
There are plenty of `unfinished` project cars out there that water down the price.
To someone who knows the car, you may get a fair price.

It`s the nature of a personally modified car is that for all it`s what one person (you) knows is best.
That`s not necessarily what someone else (wrongly) thinks.

Sad to say, but worth (a lot) more in bits...

Yeah that what I think, I'd love to sell it to the right person as a whole, Im not overly fussed about making a lot of money when I do sell it, i imagined around 2-2.5k for the car as a whole as it is.

I may remove a couple of items like the carbon bonnet as i'd probably get a few hundred quid for that alone.

Major update!!

I bought some road tax... First time ive driven it since about August and its was awful, front suspension is knocking like mad, 2 x new front coilovers ordered and hopefully fitted this weekend then I can get back to hooning it about properly.

Pics to follow, its getting abit of a makeover cosmetically next as its starting to look abit tired.

Finally cured the knocking noise, turns out the front coilovers were pretty much shot! changed them over for some new units and all is well with the world again, car handles and feels much better now which is great.

I can begin to make a start on making the car better now rather than chasing and fixing problems, got a list as long as my arm for jobs I want to get done before I head to Rockingham...

Wheels refurb
Paint inside.
Sort wobbly pasenger seat
Lower steering column
New FRP Splitter
FRP Map
More weight reduction!

You been running FRP spec cams without the map all this time :?:

Thats a fair bit of work for under 4 weeks (If your working Full-time too) looking forward to seeing it, actually can I be damn right cheeky and request a passenger ride now? :-D

I dont have FRP cams.....

You can be cheeky and ask and I will be happy to ablige with a passenger ride.

Its not that much to do, keeps me busy at weekends. One of my mates has managed to build a 172 engined Renault 5 in 4 weeks to be ready for Rockingham. we took it for its maiden driver yesterday and its hiliarious!

Managed to get a whole day on the car yesterday, just doing a few little jobs but then I got a bit bored and spotted an angle grinder.... This happened, who needs a bumper anyway.

Is something ive been thinking about doing for a little wile now, will see how it goes at Rockingham but I can imagine the parachute effect on the bumper has now been wiped out!

10979514_813945998641677_26025464_n.jpg

Ive just ordered a btcc style rain light to replace the now missing fog lights.

That looks almost rude, like the cars wearing no underpants! :lol:

Thanks for the upcoming ride dude! (would have sworn you had cams installed ages ago, nevermind)

Are you going to manage any shows this year Jay? This may be your last chance with the Puma if you're selling up next year!

Im thinking Ford Fair again for this year, im going to treat it as a track day and book a few sessions so hopefully there will be some oppotunities for passenger rides as well to those interested.

I wanted to go to Trax but its mine and Lucy's first wedding anniversary so we're going away for the weekend.

FITP in something ive never been to either... hmmm

You've been saying for years that you might come to FITP. Do it while you've still got a car to bring. :p

Back