My view from work today :(

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lusid666

Some stupid Audi driving cow didnt put her handbrake on :(

IMG_2569_zpsrp95gpeg.jpg

IMG_2571_zpsrma1kpip.jpg

IMG_2576_zpsqscjdlvl.jpg

IMG_2577_zpspqxexsbb.jpg

IMG_2579_zpsdzgjpdnu.jpg

Gutted

Bloody hell, how far did it roll before it hit the 4x4? I'd be gutted as well, I can't see it being anything other than a write off.
Barry

Oh no! Bad times. :(

Still, she had a good innings - hadn't she clocked up over 250,000 miles?

She was nearly upto 253,000 miles. Still drives fine after that but I am sure your not supposed to be able to put your hand inside the car through the gap in the bottom of the rear quarterlight.
Garage getting in touch tomorrow to assess the damage and quote for the repair, fully expecting it to be written off but keeping my fingers crossed that it doesn't.

It'll almost certainly get written off, but that doesn't stop you from buying it back off the insurance company, getting the work done and put back on the road. Puma Babe has some experience in this area as she got rear-ended last year and did just that.

If you do decide to patch her up, a new door and wing mirror in silver shouldn't be too hard to source and the rear quarter should be salvageable - let us know what the garage thinks re: feasibility and cost, I'm sure we can have a whip round for you.

It's a tragedy that such a well-loved, high mileage car be taken out so unexpectedly.

This makes the slight miss fire that appeared on jess 2.0 this afternoon seem a little trivial :-(

Ah mate I'm absolutely gutted for you, I've had exactly the same thing happen to me, by pretty much the same car too!!! It was a VW Passat that did mine, the VW equivalent of the A4 with many of the same parts and engines!

Thanks guys. Will let you all know what happens as and when it does. On the plus side, the courtesy car has just been delivered, 64 plate 1L Ford Focus ecoboost in black :)

At least you're lucky that way, when my last Fiesta was damaged by a neighbour I got a shitty 1.2 Corsa which wouldn't have pulled the skin off a rice pudding :)
Barry

Well like the others i can only say i hope you can get it back from the insurance guys and keep on trucking to 300000 and beyond !!

Sadly that car will definitely get written off. I know of an R reg car that got written off last year just because it got a dent in the front wing. All the money grabbing insurance related stuff quotes at full retail and you don't stand a chance of getting it fixed. You should have no trouble buying the salvage but it will forever be classified as a Cat D write off. Hope you can get it fixed and reach 300K.

Don't you just "love" :evil: Audis....and BMW...and Mercs. Actually anything German.

at least due to a recent change in process if the insurance company says the car is repairable (cat D or C) you no longer have to have a VIC check, just a new MOT

:eek: how far did it frickin roll!?

Sorry to see this, your car was leading the way on the mileage front as far as I know, incredible!

The Audi only came from about 8 or 9 spaces away but its on a hill. New focus is very nice, loads of toys (first car I have driven with voice activation for the stereo etc) and pulls really well for a 999cc engine. Will be looking for another puma though if and when mine gets written off. Talked for a long time with the wife about it last night and we haven't got the time or space to buy back and repair mine although if the buy back price is cheap enough I might get it just to pull off the coilovers etc and then scrap the rest unless someone on here wants to buy her as a repair project. Parking where we live is bad enough when we only have 2 cars.

lusid666 said:
Will be looking for another puma though if and when mine gets written off.
:thumbs:

You can try and beat your high score! :D

Photo of odometer required for the hall of fame before she goes off to the garage in the sky!

I can almost guarantee that will get a cat c rating.
With regards to buying it back, they'll probably let you have it for about £100.
I'd then spend the payout repairing it.
Would be a real shame to scrap, especially with that proud mileage.

PumaNoob said:
Ah mate I'm absolutely gutted for you, I've had exactly the same thing happen to me, by pretty much the same car too!!! It was a VW Passat that did mine, the VW equivalent of the A4 with many of the same parts and engines!

Strangely enough, my PT Cruiser was written off by having a Vivaro van pushed into the back by a .......VW Passat! Stupid pillock had left his cruise control on in heavy (very) traffic on the M5. We stopped, he didn't. Knob!

Well a guy came out today and took loads of photos of the entire car then went on his merry way. 2 hours later I get a call from the assessors and was told the car was "a total loss" they then said that "based on current market value and the price of a replacement car in my area" they offered me a grand total of £385. I told them very politely to get lost and quoted their paperwork back to them "I must be put back in the same position that I was before the accident" and that I have been looking and rust free well maintained Pumas are currently going for around £1000. Waiting now to here from my insurance company.

Latest posts

Back