N/S FRP Drive Shaft

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marcus000

Car is finally in the garage at the moment, first time it's moved in over a month!

Mechanic has said the N/S drive shaft is toast so hopefully it's "just" that rather than the gear box but we won't know for certain until we've got a replacment shaft.

Where from & how much for a N/S drive shaft? :-(

Steering rack is all fine - thank god.
Sub frame has been bent by approx 5mm, he's doing his best to rectify that though. :oops:

yep, shaftec.

take the shaft off cv joints and measure it then ring them....they dont do a direct replacement but they did find one for me off the shelf that just needed a fresh circlip groove lathing in it...3 day turn around and £64! ford wanted £170

where theres a will theres a way :)

Aaron - Shocks / springs "look" fine at the moment but won't know 100% till it's back out and drivable, I know where to find you if they need replacing though! :)

That's a relief about the drive shaft, I was expecting £200++, I'll give them a bell first thing in the morning!

The powerflux wishbone bush was crushed, another £35+ for a pair of those. :evil:
I sold my spare pair to Steavie because I didn't think I'd ever need an extra set, typical!

Drop links, track rod ends & wheel bearings are all being done at the same time, should feel like a new car once finished. :roll:

PS: Jacko, can you PM me your address again to post this wishbone back, lost my old phone over Xmas which had it on.

10 to 15 for the track rods? what about the rest? Going to looking at sorting all that this year

£10-15 for a pair of track rod ends, same again for a pair of drop links.

For the actual track rod I believe you can use a standard Focus one with a bit of jiggery pokery but no doubt Jacko will confirm.

Wishbones are standard Fiesta one's re-fabricated to FRP spec by a local metal fab shop so £approx £60 for a new pair plus labour.

FRP bushes £12 each from Ford.

Bearing kits around £15 each again.

PowerFelx wishbone bushes approx £30-40.

Aaron is selling pairs of front shocks / springs - can't remember how much you said Aaron, £150 was it?

track rods; focus one is very similar length & ideal but doesnt have the track limiter so wheel will turn and hit inner arch....wrap a jubilee clip around it...sorted!

Latest posts

Back