Need a new key.

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JSP

I need to get a new key for my 1998 Puma, (2 button fob).

Can anyone recommend where to get this from? I've seen some on eBay but wondered if anyone on here had used someone.

Many thanks, in advance.

I assume you are looking at the Ebay seller who will cut it to your lockset, just be a little bit careful they are notoriously difficult to read. That said if you do you will still only be able to use it manually (in the door lock) until you get it programmed at your local Ford dealer to operate both remotely and start the engine. (The key contains the immobiliser chip and has to be programmed to work with your car) That could set you back another £80 - £120,

JSP said:
[post]348101[/post] I need to get a new key for my 1998 Puma, (2 button fob).

Can anyone recommend where to get this from? I've seen some on eBay but wondered if anyone on here had used someone.
I just went to a High St locksmith place - new key cut with new transponder in it - £34 (I didn't bother with remote on that one). Only took 10 minutes. I can give you the address, but unless you're down near Bromley way it's not much use to you. :)

Avoid that popular locksmith (Tils?) hopeless and expensive.

Thanks all.

I need a blade as the fob part is fine, however a spare key, (blade and fob), would be very handy.

So in answer to your question, I'm after both really.

JSP said:
I need to get a new key for my 1998 Puma, (2 button fob).

Many thanks, in advance.

Hi, I've sent you a PM. Brand new Ford fob and four blade available.

Latest posts

Back