Need help - Lambda sensor plug connector?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ianfletcher

Are there different shape plug connectors for the front lambda sensor on the 1.7's as i have just bought a ntk and it has a black square connector but my car has a green round connector?

Yes there is. That is all I know and I'm sure it isnt that helpful! But I know we took a lambda sensor off a newer puma for my r reg and we had to modify it to fit :p

On the later Pumas there's a pre and post cat Lambda and one is black, one is green from memory. (I've not owned a Puma late enough to know)

be aware the black plug lambda (the lambda itself) is different to the green im not to sure if using the black pluged lambda instead of the green one will make any difference to the running of the car?? also the green plugged lambda is just before the cat (pre cat)

Just spoke to the company who i purchased the sensor from and they can't find a sensor with a round connector and that front and back should be the same which they are clearly not.

Does anyone know if the 1.6 has the round connector and if so is it the same as the 1.7 so then i could maybe try one and see if it works?

the racing puma`s are fitted with the green plug, ive looked on pumabuild and they dont do the green plug either, think ive found a site that does a replacement http://www.onlineautomotive.co.uk/Products.aspx?ProductID=7075&VehicleID=37113" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

the part number quoted here 260200500844 is for the green plug sensor, but I've got a black plug "V" reg 99. or is it a case of swapping over the plugs?

Can someone either tell me a part number for the black plug type, or confirm the plugs need to be swapped.

Cheers

Back