New car found for my son today?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Lord B
Yes things were a lot simpler then, especially electronics so it was easy and cheap to fix everything by yourself. I'm actually looking forward to working on the Anglia as everything's easy to get to. First job is to make a wiring harness as the standard one doesn't even have 1 fuse!
Have you just bought the Dolly, or was that just an example of a previous buy?
Barry

tuonokid said:
Hi Lord B
Yes things were a lot simpler then, especially electronics so it was easy and cheap to fix everything by yourself. I'm actually looking forward to working on the Anglia as everything's easy to get to. First job is to make a wiring harness as the standard one doesn't even have 1 fuse!
Have you just bought the Dolly, or was that just an example of a previous buy?
Barry

Previous buy sadly, wife made me sell it, as kids came along and 5 cars + van was apparently to many vehicles

Hi Lord B
That's a shame but seeing as they can have loads of shoes why can't we have loads of cars and bikes? :grin:
Barry

240120151788_zpswp85moad.jpg

The eagle has landed! After cancelling the transport for the last two weekends we finally got the Anglia to it's new home unfortunately it's resulted in the eviction of the Puma from the garage :-(

240120151786_zpsh4j5lay1.jpg

Look at the difference in size between a 40 odd year old small car to a 10 year old small car = lots of room to work around in the garage :grin:

240120151783_zpsm3ykhyrc.jpg

My son Andrew sat in his new toy.

Hi Barry
That front end looks to be in good nick. If the rest of the car is like that you shouldn't have a massive amount of work to do.
Looking forward to seeing it mate :grin:
Paul

Hi Paul
Looks can be deceiving, it is solid but it's been patched up by a trained chimp so I have a lot of work to do. TBH I think I would have preferred it rusty but original then it would have been easier to replace panels in the correct position.
Barry

Don't know how chimps manage to do car repairs, they're always drinking tea :lol: :lol:
Is Andrew starting a resto thread on the Anglia forum?
A bit off topic, but are you putting your Puma on the PP stand at Ford Fair this year?
Paul

Hi Paul
Yes Andrews doing a thread on the Ford Anglia Owners club and also the young guns classics forum as 105e-wilson If you want to have a look.
I would like to get my car on the stand at Ford Fair and we've already talked (Andrew and I) about possibly meeting up with you if you're going down to show again as you know where to meet everyone. Are you up for that?
Barry
PS It would be nice to bring James XAF as well.

OK I'll have a look.
Yes we can meet up somewhere on the way. It'll be an early start for you though, meet up at 6.30 in Towcester.
Yeah, get James to come down as well if he's up for it.
Cherie has started the thread to get stand passes.
Paul

Hi Paul
6.30! I thought there was only one 6.30 in a day, teatime!!! We'll have to get up at 2.30 in the morning to meet up!
Seriously, though, we do want to come. I need to get my ass in gear and get the Puma tested now and then sort out some modded insurance for it.
Have you got your ABS sorted out yet?
Barry

Yeah, it's to beat the queues on the way in. It does work though, last year we had a nice steady drive in and onto the stand with no waiting about.
You could always have a power nap once on the stand :lol:
ABS not sorted yet :x Combination of work and crap weather keeping me off it. Might have a go this weekend.
I'm really hoping it's just a sensor that's gone and not the ABS module. Although I have a spare one, it'll be a right faff replacing it.
Paul

Hi Paul
I'm pretty sure it will be one of the fronts that's gone unless water's got into the rear loom where you spliced a sensor in. If it is one of the rears I may be able to help you out if my old sensors are still ok, just let me know.
Looking forward to the show season now as I'm sick of the sh***y weather :cry:
Barry

Looks like you were right mate.
I had a spare half hour at lunchtime so I tested the sensors from the ABS module socket.
RH front open circuit :grin:
Coincidentially I managed to remove this one and put it back last year when I was cleaning things up in that area.I guess I must have damaged it slightly in the process. Worked fine for months afterwards though :? The cold weather must have killed it somehow :?
I have a couple of good spares so should be an easy job.
Paul

Hi Paul
Glad you found it and I hope it's easier to get out than mine was, are you going to replace the bolt with a S/S one?
Barry

I'm coming To FF this year for sure. I'm not spending all that money and time making it mint for it to sit in the garage and get covered in dust.

Errr, come to think of it, it is in the garage gathering dust so I must get it out!

Back