New car ... kind of ... HPI Rush Evo

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well there is already an electronic version of this car which is cheaper than the nitro version.

To be honest I already have a Tamiya Grasshopper II and a Bycmo Subaru Impreza which are both electric, the latter was a magazine issued kit and did come with a number of upgraded parts such as oil filled dampers.

I already have a 30 minute fast charger etc for these all though I do actually need a set of new batteries as all three are completely knackered now (not surprising since I've had one of them since 97!). Granted these aren't brushless motors but the principle is pretty much the same, charge and go.

I'm looking at Nitro for the fact there's more to it, it does use an actual engine, it does require a bit of interaction, care and attention.

Well It's cleaned up nicely mate. Where are you with the engine now?

Also maybe have a look at the shocks, the springs shouldn't really be wound down so far.

Rob

:cool:

The engine was quite literally yesterdays news, my new engine was delivered and was exactly as described, as new removed from a new car.

After giving it a visual inspection I set about removing the original engine and replacing it with the new one. To get there I had to swap the mounts, clutch, air filter and exhaust.

Before:

DSC_0009_zpsbwlkbedl.jpg

After:

DSC_0011_zpsu6r6yhxw.jpg

Once this was completed I set about installing it into the car, I used a piece of paper between the cogs to set the spacing as was recommended in the manual and then refitted the fuel pipe, vacuum pipe and throttle pinion.

DSC_0012_zpsusyt9pbi.jpg

I went through a few basics like settings WOT using the transmitter trim and also set up the failsafe so that the brake gets applied out of range etc.

I've checked that the wheels spin freely until the brake is applied so it looks like it's adjusted correctly.

So.. I couldn't think of anything else except from starting her up, I didn't do it yesterday as the first stage of breaking the engine in is letting it idle through a full tank and given the time of night it had to wait so I'm not branded an antisocial hooligan!

Nice!
Last motor I broke in ended up pootling around the garden on 1/8th throttle for the 1st tank, couldn't bear to watch it sat there ticking over.
I might also suggest an exhaust extension. Small piece of silicone tubing with a slight angle in it, prevents the chassis plate and rear tyre from being blathered in oil ;)

Looking forward to some action videos :)

Rob.

:lol: well the irony of that is I sold my GoPro to fund this so videos maybe terrible now.

Ouch! I suppose you could nip to Aldi and replace it with it's poor cousin? £29.99 for the 'national geographic' version :oops:

Yeah, I'd have had one if I hadn't just sold a kidney to science to pay for the parts to get my van through the test :cry:

Latest posts

Back