New here, puma indicator issue...

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TylerB

Hi, i hope i'm putting this in the right thread cause i'm new here, site looks good btw, posted some pics of my car and will come back here for sure.
actually i'm having a problem with another puma i just bought, all indicators just keep flashing from the time i put in the key and make contact. they just won't stop blinking, all of them, even when the engine is running. When i push the "all indicator button" (the red button behind steering wheel) it doesn't change anything and when i put left or right side switch on it starts blinking in between the 4 indicators, i hope you understand :) it's quite an annoying problem so i hope someone can help. maybe the indicator relay broken? thnx in advance

I'd pop the connector off the hazard light switch first. If that stops it then replace the switch.

coachwhip said:
I'd pop the connector off the hazard light switch first. If that stops it then replace the switch.

thnx both for the quick reply, i will try to pop it off and see what it does. i just bought this puma so it is not yet at my home, i wanted to drive it home but the indicators just kept going so that's quite dangerous on the highway, i hope it will work (frifay i go back) because i have no trailer unfortunately, will take a spare switch with me too, that's what i had already planned in fact :) thnx all the same

Hello Tyler and welcome to the forum :grin:

Regarding your electrical issue.
The indicators,hazards (all indicators) and wipers are all controlled with one `multifunction switch`
That is probably what is at fault here, but be careful as there were two types used on the Puma so you`ll need your part number.
I have both versions if you need help identifying yours.
Cheers, stu..

trublustu said:
Hello Tyler and welcome to the forum :grin:

Regarding your electrical issue.
The indicators,hazards (all indicators) and wipers are all controlled with one `multifunction switch`
That is probably what is at fault here, but be careful as there were two types used on the Puma so you`ll need your part number.
I have both versions if you need help identifying yours.
Cheers, stu..

Good evening! So the puma is at my place finally. i had some trouble to get the car home because of a low battery but after 3 times restarting with start cables everything went just fine. Alternator gives 14V so i guess it's good. The strange thing is this time the indicators all of a sudden worked again, but now when switch on the lights the indicators start to burn (wtf o_O this must be some error in cables or so ) also it has an oil leak somewhere. i hope nothing serious. Out of that it is in very good condition (for the very small price of 500 euro :) it has only 138 000 km. Only thing i don't have the feeling it accelarates as good as my other puma 1.7. Going to make a compression test, i hope it will be allright.. i don't like oil leaks heheh

image_page.php

In case someone want to see it, it's the grey ford puma on the right :) i am no fan of the MS Design bodykit so i will remove it, i have carcept sideskirts for it

Back