New LMS 180 inlet fitted

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wild E. Coyote said:
ally frp said:
But there is a loss of torque further down with the inlet fitted. Think the inlet is more suited to a more aggressive cam(higher lift) to fully make use of the huge bank of air it has.

This is due to the fact that you have taken down half of your inlet runners. And the longer they are, the better engine will pull low down. That is why Ford (Tickford) made a new inlet WITH the runners going down and then again up: to make them longer and make the engine breathe better at low and medium revs

But nice power figure! :cool:

Absolutely. This is typical in engine modications though where you lose you gain low end grunt we have increase peak power higher up. The Puma that the engine is fitted to is my Bro's. Who hasn't had a smile off his face since it was rolling road yesterday....... and believe me that's something! lol

Maybe Silverbullit99 will have something to say about that! haha

well Ally is the t/b on that a 58mm lms ported job or standard...??
Reason being the results the graph gives is similar(pre inlet mod) as my motor goes hard till 6300 ish then dies out but revs till 7300... (will go to 7500) I like the look of the way the graph pulls strong to rev limit...
Is the extra 9-10 hp noticable at top end??
Just curious cause just got a quote from LMS...Plenum 58mm t/b, full kit 800+ sterling... Lot of coin :cry:
But it would be nice to rev to the limit and pull all the way..

mod to the engine so far is : puma speed remap...puma speed FRP cams(newman) frp mod air box. Piper 4;2;1; manifold and FRP replica stainless exhaust..
Engine has 100000 on it . crank reground and oversized bearings @ 80000miles
and st 150 brakes and mintex fast road rally pads .

Dwighet said:
well Ally is the t/b on that a 58mm lms ported job or standard...??
Reason being the results the graph gives is similar(pre inlet mod) as my motor goes hard till 6300 ish then dies out but revs till 7300... (will go to 7500) I like the look of the way the graph pulls strong to rev limit...
Is the extra 9-10 hp noticable at top end??
Just curious cause just got a quote from LMS...Plenum 58mm t/b, full kit 800+ sterling... Lot of coin :cry:
But it would be nice to rev to the limit and pull all the way..

The 58mm throttle body was always on the car and it is the ported Lightening Motorsport version.

9-10bhp is noticable to you as you drive the car all the time and when the mod is done it completely changes the last 1200rpm. Its just encourages you to rag its tits off.

It is a lot of money TBH but if possible I would try and get my hands on a genuine inlet as it is a much neater setup.

Try a cash price with LMS :wink:

All the best

Ally

I'd of thought youd have a bit more power TBH.

Compared to frp youve got same cams, exhaust, map and a similar inlet (for power if not torque) yet youve also got a bit of porting on the head and a bigger TB.

warrenpenalver said:
I'd of thought youd have a bit more power TBH.

Compared to frp youve got same cams, exhaust, map and a similar inlet (for power if not torque) yet youve also got a bit of porting on the head and a bigger TB.

Car has got a standard map if you like.

The car is crying out for a unichip live map to make the most of everything and get it even smoother and fueling spot on. i think just with a map it would be touching a genuine 160bhp but would be ideal with a slightly higher lift cam then the custom map to make better use of the head.

Cheers

Ally

If these inlets were cheaper than a genuine 2nd hand FRP inlet I would buy one, but at nearly £700 inc fitting kit, it is a big wedge. At least you have proved that these do add power when you have the other mods.

I reckon they would sell a lot more if they brought the price down by a couple of £100. Project Puma group discount!? :grin:

I'm with warren on the more power front,years ago I had a red frp fiesta,went with warren,farmer and Lucy in the frp to castle Combe the once. Anyways me and farmer went to a rr day at hitec in oldbury I was in mine and farmer in his left hooker rally car,chucked mine on the rollers,completely standard frp spec bar helix clutch and made 157bhp,motor was out of a press car(number 20). Farmers was the same with headwork and made 166bhp. I know all engines are different but hopefully the map will help.

Latest posts

Back