New project

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evo6tom

Puma Supporter
Had my T reg for a couple of years now and thoroughly enjoy owning / driving it. As such I'm going to turn it into a bit of a project motor.

The idea of a turbo conversion has been tempting me for a while now so most likely the way I will go with regards to the engine.

I also want to get the body back to mint condition and toying with the idea of the wide arch body kit as seen on the Puma Speed website. If anyone has any experience of if they look as good in the flesh as they do in the ad's i'd be grateful to know your thoughts.

I've just changed the rear bushes and fitted AP coilovers all round this afternoon. The ride and handling difference is amazing! Old bushes were completely knackered and very noisy but new powerflexes in place so all is tight and silent now.

I'll upload some pictures of the changeover in progress and the general condition of it if people are interested. I'll also add a bit more of a detailed plan / wish list of what i want to do. I am still in two minds as to what i'd like to do so have been looking at everyone else's on here for inspiration. A hell of a lot of amazing looking cars!

If I managed to do it right, below should be a pic of my mates dad this afternoon as we were just about to start the bushes and suspension change.........If not i'll re-read the muppets guide of how to a bit more carefully :roll:

2013-04-27102255_zps363a5375.jpg.html

Sounds good, looking forward to some progress whatever you decide to do. Take plenty of pics if you remember! Kizza on here will be able to help you out with the wide arch kit, i believe he has some pics of them temp fixed to his car, but he will give you a lot better price then Pumaspeed.

Thanks guys - Kizza i'll PM you with a few questions.

A few pics of the work I did yesterday......

Knackered bushes

Out with the old......

In with the new....

Suspension changed for AP coilovers...

Old out and new in......

I've not lowered the front by much however the huge gap at the back is now looking a lot more respectable. I'll try and take and post some pics of the general condition and the new ride height today if time allows, if not it will have to be next weekend due to work commitments meaning i'm going away :-(

Oh and can anyone shed any light as to what this connector is for please? It's just sitting there looking rather exposed...

Ckeck out this guys garage :!:

I have to work in a tin shed which is too low at the back to stand up properly.....hate this guy already :grin:

I would love to say that it is my garage but sadly it belongs to my mates dad who's retired and a serious pertrol head.

One of his toys is a modified TVR Tuscan S and as we all know how reliable TVR's are *cough* it's a wise investment on his part to go along with it. Bit of a bonus for me as it made changing the rear bushes and the suspension a piece of cake.

Latest posts

Back