New Puma owner !

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shimmyhill

Hi there, have just picked up a 99 puma - loving it so far :)

Had a good ol read of the forum and have picked up loads of tips already ! Have replaced the frankly shocking blue dipped bulbs for the Halfords EB and what a differnce they make ! Next on the list is some powerflex bushes all round and possibly 4 new tyres.

Are the Toyo T1R a good choice, seem to be from reading on here and £28 each on camskill seems silly cheap ! ?

Finally, my exhaust vibrates at high revs - i have read it could be the rubber mount near the back end of the exhaust - is this easy to replace without the ability to get the car up on a ramp ?

Hiya Shimmy!

Welcome to the site, glad to see you've been doing some reading!

I have some EB bulbs in the garage waiting to be fitted :D

Toyo T1R are excellent value for money, I think i'll go back to them one my 4 have run out of life (they are brand new though) I had 4 on my car originally and i think they are great all round for grip etc. Bit slippery once getting low on the front but then what tyres aren't?

The exhaust rattling could be a loose heat shield, they run the length of the car and are notorious for rattling from the manifold at the front all the way down to the back box.

I worn rubber mount would normally give the exhaust more freedom to bounce around so that could be worth checking to although more likely to cause a few clonks over bumps. You should be able to inspect the mount without the need for ramps and probably replace it too although i've not tried.

Let us know how you get on :eek:k:

Hello Shimmy and welcome! I personally love the Toyo's and have sets on both my cars - although the Pu' is wearing Goodyear's at the mo.

Brilliant and very grippy.

My exhaust rattles too, and depending on makes/fit etc checked - i'd agree with Red about the rubber mountings being worn :) Enjoy and let the fun commence driving your kitty x

Back