New speakers

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adamlagoe

I'm going to buy some speakers for my parcel shelf and want to link them with the rear speakers by the seats, is it a easy job because no good with electrics??

5" x 7", although the more common 6" x 9" will fit with a bit of trimming of the speaker bins.

Fronts are 5.25" for reference.

Don't put speakers in your parcel shelf:

a) it will look shit
b) it will sound shit
c) it'd be a pain in the arse as the parcel shelf is a wonky shape
d) you'll probably find the parcel shelf sags or your boot won't stay open due to the additional weight

Guide here:
http://www.pumapeople.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=103108" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It isn't too hard, but it is not that simple either. You have to remove the rear panels, not to brake any of clips while doing so (not that easy!) and have to be careful with instaling of your speakers. The trimcard MIGHT touch your speakers. Have a look here http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=21157" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. Complete install with all the hurdles you are going to face...
If you are going to put in 6x9 ovals, I would stronlgy recommend using an additional amp. The stock HU will not be powerfull enough for them, i.e. won't bring improvement you seek, I am affraid

I didn't no you have to do all that :/ I thought would just a straight fit unplug and plug the new one in :/

evilrob said:
a) it will look shit
b) it will sound shit
c) it'd be a pain in the arse as the parcel shelf is a wonky shape
d) you'll probably find the parcel shelf sags or your boot won't stay open due to the additional weight
e) they will end up IN the boot, along with the parcel shelf... then when it rains, they'll get wet when you open the boot to put the parcel shelf back....again
FTFY Rob.... :eek:k:

or get kizza to make you a fiberglass parcel shelf and fit to that......

Latest posts

Back