Newbie Alert!!!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

S1_RS

Hi all, I've just bought my first Puma, well second but the last one was a salvage breaker for the engine etc!

I actually test drove a Puma back when they first came out, I'd just bought a brand new Mini Cooper Sportspack and had so many problems with it initially I looked into PX'ing for a Puma. In the end I stuck it out with the Mini and i still own it.

My current fleet are mainly Fords with a couple of exceptions. Daily drive is a Volvo V70 T5 and of course have the aforementioned Mini Cooper, now requiring a full resto. I have an S2 RST, a 2.1 ZT FRST, a Mk1 FRS a Mk2 Focus RS500, and a Mk1 Golf Gti cabrio Sportline.

I bought the Puma for use as a trackcar, it belonged to a friend who worked on Performance Ford magazine so some of you may recognise the car, a T-reg Blue 1.7. It came fitted with Gaz Golds, a Chris Tullett stainless manifold & full system with decat and Sportscat, Vibratechnics engine mounts. Alex, the previous owner ran it on a set of Comp CXR's but I bought it on std rims as I had my own set of CXR's to go on.

IMAG1450.jpg

IMAG1451.jpg

IMAG1452.jpg

I've made some changes already, I've fitted Powerflex bushes to the front arms, extra long wheel studs all round, replaced both front bearings, swapped the 8" 350lb front springs for 6" 400lb springs, fitted Ford hub spacers to the rear, OMP front upper & lower strut braces and a Momo Corse steering wheel. I also have a set of Sparco buckets and harnesses to go. The rear beam bushes will also be replaced with Powerflex.

I also gave the car a thorough cleaning when I first got it home as it was filthy. It had two washes followed by a full claying, then a coat of Meguiars Techwax followed by a coat of Gold Class wax. For a track car it looks quite respectable.

Hope you all likey!

Hi and Welcome. Looking good :eek:k: .....
Hey! could I... borrow a car ? :lol:

Back