Nokia Advanced Car Kit CK-7W

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Puma09

Hi Peeps,

I have a Nokia Advanced Car Kit CK-7W in my old car and before it goes I would like to remove it and then when I have some cash get it re-fitted in the Puma...

Problem is I can't find any info on how to remove the Kit :-( Anyone here fitted one or even better removed one when changing cars??

Thanks,

Lawrence

What is your old car?

Does it use a cradle?

Does the stereo auto-mute when you take a call, and route the sound through the car speakers?

The CK-7W comprises various different parts;

Control box

Nokia "button"

Microphone

Speaker (optional)

Mute loom (optional)

Pop-port cable with cradle & mount (optional)

Typically these kits are fitted with a mute loom which plugs into the car's original wiring to porvide power for the car kit and to route the sound via the cars speakers. Assuming this is the case, you will need to remove the stereo, using appropriate tools for that stereo, then remove the mute loom, connect the original loom directly to the stereo, follow the mute loom to the Nokia control box, remove, and from here trace the routing of the wiring for the microphone, mute button and pop-port to cradle where fitted

Even if it isn't fitted with a mute loom, the power is typically taken from either the back of the headunit or the cigar lighter. If it isn't possible to remove the power cabling, I would suggest disconnecting at the fuses.

Regarding the microphone, if you can get it out, great, but they are pretty cheap to replace with new via eBay.

Hope this helps.

Hi Flash... Thanks, We got everything out the MG before it was sold apart from the part that connects the kit to the stereo... as we couldn't get it out and as time was running out we just had to cut the cables connecting it to the stereo. Shouldn't be a problem though as the guy who is fitting it in the Puma for me tonight should be able to find a repacement stereo connector.

Was thinking about where the answer/volume button should? Used to have it next to the streering wheel on the MG but not sure with the Puma. Off to search google now LOL

Thanks for your help ;)

Lawrence

Got it fitted tonight for £15.00 :) Very happy to be able to answer calls again on my iphone without the risk of getting points.

Only thing the guy couldn't do was the auto fade for the stereo as we couldn't work out which pin/connection the auto fade was on the back of the 6000 stereo. Any ideas how I could find this out?

I had a blank button space next to the fog light so attached the answer/volume button there...

:eek:k:

Lawrence

Check out http://www.siocommunications.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, it is one of the pins on the unused socket between the two large ones.

Latest posts

Back