Noooob here goodmorning

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grims_Puma

Had my puma over 2 years now, had 1 or 2 problems with it i think the previous owner must have crashed it as the front and rear bumpers are slightly different colour also the passanger door is not a flush fit it is bent in at the bottom and slightly out at the top, not had the cash to sort this yet but i will eventually,
Last year I had the engine replaced as the big end pistons boke and at the same time had the cam belt and water pump done the old lady has done over 111k now and is still going strong
Very recently though she has been going through a bit of bad luck some stupid taxi driver slamed his brakes on in front of me ( in a blatant insurance scam) I managed to brake in time to stop major damage but still got a small crack in the bumper and some of the clips snapped of and then a week later some fool hit my driver side headlamp cracking the lense which needs replacing.
On a better note I have some of the fabric covered parts that go on the door cards that I intend to cover in a nice dark blue and replace with the horible standard grey ones, will add some pics of the damage when I can
She also has "THE RUST" on the wheel arch and where the door does not fit propper on the passanger side, now i have the means to be able to pay to fix her it wont be long till she is back to full strength

I have a spare passenger door, if you are near bournemouth, you can have pick it up. will need a spray.

It may be that the bumpers have faded at a different rate to the metal panels.

I dont know if its the door that does not fit or if it is the bolts that the door is held connected to might take it to a body shop and get them to have a look at it and tell me, ill add pics when I can.
I am in cambridgeshire so bit far thanks though
spike. said:
I have a spare passenger door, if you are near bournemouth, you can have pick it up. will need a spray.

It may be that the bumpers have faded at a different rate to the metal panels.

Whereabouts are you in Cambridgeshire? We can have a look if you're local.

Huntingdon? We're just down the A1 in St. Neots! :D

Ahh I see, well that sounds good to me Dal pm me your postcode ill see when I am free to bring it up for you to look at, i have just taken some photo's so i will go and put them on my cpu and upload them
P.s excuse the dirt it has seen cleaner day's just with snow and the crap weather i have been somewhat lazy
Picture001.jpg
Dent on the bonnet, result of hitting an arm barrier :)
Picture002.jpg
The driver's side headlamp
Picture003.jpg
Speaks for itself
Picture004.jpg
couple of scratches on the back
Picture006.jpg
Where the taxi driver's tow bar hit my bumper
Picture007.jpg
Headlamp again
Picture008.jpg
Bottom of the passenger door
Picture009.jpg

Alreet and welcome along :D

Hope you manage to get your little problems sorted! Plenty of help on here if you need it :)

zarablackcoupe said:
Alreet and welcome along :D

Hope you manage to get your little problems sorted! Plenty of help on here if you need it :)

Thankyou, I have already found lots of answers here to questions I had, and Dal has already offered to meet me and give some advice on how we can get the old lady back to top condition so I'm sure it will be fine

I do have one question though, where do i get one of the "Preoject puma" stickers that go in the back window?

zarablackcoupe said:
ask Dal when you see him ;)

he sells them :)

No I don't anymore. I've done a deal with DMB graphics to sell them now so I don't have to get involved.

http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6452" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Although I might have one or two left still depending what you want. :cool:

just one for the back window :) how much do they go for? I saw one on a silver puma in Huntingdon a few months back while at work thats how i found this site :)

Welcome to the site. I'm a newbie too and have "cosmetic" problems. One of the things I found with the headlamps - one of mine was also busted when I bought the car - was that you only need the lens, if you can at all help it try to avoid buying the whole unit. You'll be kicking yourself like I did when you find out you can just pop the lens off and click another back in it's place.

I have the door problem too, both sides as well. I adjusted the latch and strike plates which helped a bit but I'm still to discover what the actual problem is.

Good luck with your new motor, hope you have as much fun in her as I am in mine.

Jen

Back