OCD (Obsessive carbon detailing)

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Deja vous again and again and again

IMG_0560.jpg

IMG_0559.jpg

Flying Scotsman said:
It certainly is catching on... im even going to give it a bash lol.
i think you car just look cool any way apart from scooby vent

how did you get around the dials needing help
@scotsman yep each to our own i do like the white tho

LOONEY said:
how did you get around the dials needing help
@scotsman yep each to our own i do like the white tho

Did you mean albion and the heater control dials, or mine and the air vent dial switch?

With the air vents I took out the shutters and dial switch cleaned it with solvent and then wrapped them.

I would guess he probably took out the dial switches to do the heater control panel as well

well all dun for now i will upload a set of pic when i can :p

:D well by the looks of it your car's in a different class. cosworth i wonna go init :eek:k:

I just notice that yesterday around dash board where wrap is stretch a lot and cut just after curve it come off a little bit. It happen on dashboard only around clocks and by vents in the middle so far. But it make me wander how well that wrap will behave in supper hot day parked right in full blast of sun where temperature in car can reach 50??
Maybe it can`t all be made out off one piece? any ideas?

I think you have two elements here, one you can deal with and one you cant.

1) heat will always soften the glue and wrap, you cant alter that.

2) you haven't stretched the wrap enough under heat, you can change that,

When I did my rear eyebrows one particular corner I did on a sharp angle came away. So I just reapplied heat to that corner a few days after and stretched it into the corner, and it now stays there. If it came away you stretched it into that corner when it wasn't warm enough so it was the glue temporarily holding it in place against the tension that was pulling it away. If its reshaped into the corner in question the glue and wrap will soften in 50 degree heat but if the shape is formed properly it shouldnt pull away. :thumbs:

Does it have any heat enduring properties? could it be used for a tailpipe trim?

not the actual console obviously :)

3M 9396 is the high temp resin you need for exhaust trims & heat shields. You may also need to post cure it but this process changes the colour to a bit brown'ish.

Latest posts

Back