Oil advice !

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shimmyhill

Having just had a day on the track thanks to VXR i am booking days for my puma so i want to get the car ready.

Mine seems to use 0.5l oil per 1000 miles so i keep an eye on it and top it up, will be getting the head gasket replaced as dont think it was done when cam belt changed.

I have run out of ford 5w30 semi synth and ford only now sell the 5w30 fully synth - is this ok to use as i recall when doing my pre purchase puma reading to not use fully synth due to the nikasil linings ??

as long as you know what you meant who cares lol, just didnt want you going to a garage and asking or a head gasket and be lumbered with a 500 quid bill lol

Have a read here:

http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=8034" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dal said:
Ford recently stopped supplying / selling it's semi synthetic engine oil, Formula E ,and has replaced it with it's fully synthetic equivalent, Formula F. I asked Guy at Opie oils recently if the fully synthetic oil would be fine in the Puma and he said it would.

As for makes, anything from Castrol (i.e. Magnatec for example) Fuchs and obviously the Formula F from Ford will be fine as will any other oil that meets the Ford oil specification as will be printed on the side of the can.

Dal said:
Have a read here:

http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=8034" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dal said:
Ford recently stopped supplying / selling it's semi synthetic engine oil, Formula E ,and has replaced it with it's fully synthetic equivalent, Formula F. I asked Guy at Opie oils recently if the fully synthetic oil would be fine in the Puma and he said it would.

As for makes, anything from Castrol (i.e. Magnatec for example) Fuchs and obviously the Formula F from Ford will be fine as will any other oil that meets the Ford oil specification as will be printed on the side of the can.

Cheers Dal :)

I will pick up some Formula F from Ford.

Back