oil filter removal

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robo_monkey13

does anyone have any ideas of how i can remove the oil filter from my 1.7 engine cos i can't fit my hands through to get it off. need some gud info please... :oops:

Can't get your hands round it? You are underneath yes? Up on axle stands and it's a diddle. Bit trickier though the engine compartment from the top down.

If it doesn't come off by hand, then you can try one of these sort of tools:

23c2_1.JPG

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/OIL-FILTER-REMOVA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... 286.c0.m14

If it needs to come off sooner rather than later, then hammer a long screwdriver though sideways and use that to get some extra "twistage"

so the screw driver technique shud do the trick, coz i've been laid underneath for bout 15 mins cutting my arm on the radiator and shouting alot like an angry leprechaun

I've got one off an old nova before by getting more 'purchase' by hammering a screwdriver through it. It shouldn't be on that tight as should only be on hand tight in the 1st place.

Or adapt a strap round it rather than the chain type of tool?

Latest posts

Back