Ok it's broke lool

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ed1808

Hi all right story time lool....
Braught puma off friend was using oil.
Found where oil going after car developed a misfire, it had been off the road after I Braught it for around 3 months I drove it home and it was fine.. put car on road after 3 months and it was on on the road 2 hours with no thrashing at all.
Oil pooled around plugs from rocker cover gasket.
Changed plugs (gapped at 1mm as couldn't find a definitive answer to 1mm or 1.3mm)
Old plugs were fooked!!!
Changed leads.
Old leads were stiff (1 had shorted on rocker cover bolt I think)
Given it a service because I'm kind.
Car still misses.. my m8 feels it's a sticky valve as you can here a puffing noise in airbox.
And it smells of petrol out of exhaust.
One other note was that peddle was a bit seized to the feel when I first started it after 3 months. But the car ran fine.
Any ideas chaps n lasses please it's a 1.7 2002 model.
Fank ooooooo for looking

I`d recon that if the rest of the ignition was as worn as you say,
The coilpack will have been working it`self into the ground and may be breaking down.
This would give you the symptoms you describe. (as other fauts could. but it`s worth a look)
compression test will tell you about your valves (and bores)

take cover off and check round plugs again, see if leaking oil still. like rte said, hope you changed the gasket, also if you can do a compression test do one

Cheers all....
Yep had already changed rocker cover gasket for genuine ford jobby..
Changed Coil pack today and running sweet!!
Need to sort out abs and traction control warning lights now. Diagnosed as passenger front one so metered it out and it's broken! I did check fuses as stated but I'm sure the wrong value fuses have been fitted. And the car has never don't it's break test at 15mph.
The lower bushes are in desperate need of being changed also but bit by bit for now.

Glad to hear it's running better!

Replace the broken ABS sensor and go from there?

Hi Red searching board for the best place to get a new sensor from unless anybody minds posting a link please many thanks :)
and omg looking through the how to guides ooooooooo start buttons and fiesta clutches and and and and hmmmmmm this car could become a expensive toy!! haha

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-PUMA-EC-1-4-1-7-16V-97-02-ABS-SENSOR-WHEEL-SPEED-SENSOR-FRONT-LH-OR-RH-/252641847552?hash=item3ad2a0a900

Above link should take you to good old fleabay, bought two of these for "buttercup" fitted easily and working well

Latest posts

Back