omg how much oil ??

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yellowgti

i new i had to do the rocker cover gasket but how the hell was "ribena" still running? is it possible that it was even running after not even being able to see the spark plugs?? i cant tell you how drowned the plugs and leads were, as you can see you cannot see the top of the spark plugs! luckily last week camping we bought a pump for the air bed and i used that to pump out the oil before removing the spark plugs almost 1litre of oil came out of it, i cant believe how close we were for it to go onto the cambelt and smash the engine! laura is so glad i repaired this before the 100 miles trip down silverstone...... anyway £34 gasket and some £3 silicone sealant and jobs a good'un, ive left the top cover off just to make sure in a couple of days its perfect ;)

Photo052.jpg

Photo051.jpg

Photo049.jpg

only when it was wet yesterday left a huge 1 meter circle rainbow on the floor, i new it had used a litre of oil in just over 2 weeks but thought she was burning it haha ya no like typical fords??? lol i rememberd the dodgy gasket though so i new what it was, just had a bit of spare cash saved for sunday that we were going get something nice with but with buying paint, gasket, polish etc... just means we will beable to come but not to spend haha oh well id rather get there running perfect than on a recovery truck, gotta get a new tyre tomorrow too as its split on the edge all the way round, shame the treads very good but thats how it goes

Jesus Christ!

Still - handy place to keep spare oil for the engine...

:eek:k:

That's got bad news written all over it....

Glad it's sorted now though!

just goes to show tho the puma engine isnt as delicate as the rep would sugest, if it was the engine would have probably packed up.

good idea using the pump, my wepon of choice for such things is a turkey baister lol

Fook me mate!!

your one lucky bastard!! looks like you got to it just in time!

Latest posts

Back