Overheating

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheers mate, think im just going to bite the bulet and buy one. Working next to a ford garage tommorow so ill pop in then. Ill try that and if that dont work ill try by-passing the HCV.

The worst of it is its intermitant, so by changing things and stuff i hve to wait and see if its fixed

:wall: <-------- How i feel

i feel ya ben! the worst part is having to bite the bullet and buy everything just to sort the problem...

If the pipes around the engine are warm, is the thermostat working then? Wondering why my fan is always coming on.

Changed my thermostat today (cheers for keeping me company martin :eek:k: ) im undecided if it sorted it, but it did need chnging as the other was shagged!!

Will know for sure if its fixed tommorow, if not HCV

Think its fixed, by-passed the HCV and it seems fine, only problem now is a puncture!!!!!!!!!! LOOOOOOOOOOL

So, can I ask if bypassing the hcv is a permanent fix for this issue, as I have similar probs. Cheers

Bypassing the HCV will only really serve to find out whether the HCV is the problem. It could be left as a permanent fix, but you would have NO heating inside the car, which is probably not the best idea at this time of year with the current cold weather! :pinkeye:

Back