Paint Colour

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RICHARD MANSFIELD2

Hi,
Does anyone know the paint colour for the silver housing that the electric window switches are fitted in. Also How do I unclip them from the door. I have looked in the how to do guide and could not find anything.
Regards
Richard.

Had a quick search myself to see if I could see them from inside the door card to check if simply clips, & their location, to give you an idea of where to pull at them. There are 2 clips visible which are slightly seperate from the main housing assembly, not sure if they are part of the same assembly or seperate to it plus I suspect maybe a 3rd clip is possible out of view.

It "may" be more of a pain in the arse if it is all the same assembly as they may be bolted in too with a small retaining tab. I zoomed in to check & it looks like an M8 or M10 bolt. Fingers crossed it's just 2 (or 3) "pop-able" clips :eek:k:

Otherwise - need door card off! ;p

Hi.
Thanks for your reply. I can reveal that the silver surround that the switch is mounted in is held in position with a slot in lug and then secured with three tabs that are heat welded securing the assembly to the door card. To remove without taking the door card off and the grinding/cutting of the welded tabs the assembly can be removed with the door card in situ.
Remove the switch (tease out carefully it is a clip in item).
Using just the required amount of force ( i did this by hooking my index finger under the silver surround) snap of the welded lugs. The surround can then be slid forward to disengage it from the slot in lug.
To refit slide back and re engage on the lug. The front of the surround can be secured using double sided stick tape or pads.
Even if the door card was removed the welded lugs would still need to be snapped off.

Regards,
Richard.

Back