Parcel Shelf Solution

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaulQ

You hook the cords from the parcel shelf over the nipples on the boot; you close the boot; you open the boot and at least one of the cords has fallen off:

Solution:

15457008929_d90305fecf_b.jpg

I went to the local tool hire shop and he gave me 6 (and a circlip) for free.

Put to loops on the nipples, now put one of these small neoprene O-rings over each of the nipples -> the loop stays there.

"But they are very small! I'll lose them!" I hear you say.
"Ah, (1) but they are very cheap, you'll get a dozen for about a quid. (2) they'll always drop in the boot, so you'll find them again (3) you can keep the spares in the glove box in a plastic bag, or similar.

Excellent - thanks for the info!

Other fixes for the parcel shelf "quirks" here:

http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=183" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

For my solution.. I got 2 of those rubber bleed nipple covers that are used on the front callipers.

It's quick, easy, cheap and if you need to remove the parcel shelf they just pull straight off :thumbs:

Not come off once and I've used them for over 2 years.

Just a couple more tips ~

#1. To stop the parcel shelf itself popping out - use 2 wooden clothes pegs in the handy slots provided for them, just in front of the rod recess. They don't show when the shelf is down and they work.

This came about after the first 'rod bobble' fix I did was far too effective and your face turned purple trying to remove the parcel shelf! This simple peg solution fixed it for good.

#2. To stop the boot whacking you on the back of the head in summer, use a soft grip peg http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lakeland-Soft-Grip-Washing-Clothes/dp/B00JDIHQS4/ref=sr_1_sc_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1414497857&sr=8-3-spell&keywords=soft+gripclothes+pegs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; on the rod part of the hydraulic boot lifter.

These boot lifters lose their effectiveness over the years and are affected by temperature. The peg (mine is black) is normally clamped on the boot string and then clamped where the thin rod meets the lifter when the boot is open (or even half open, if you want). This one was only supposed to be a temporary fix, but it just keeps on working. Cost: £0.00

Latest posts

Back