Performance Air Filter Mod. Advice please :)

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DAN-HN

IMG_0109.jpg

Recently fitted a performance air filter (pictured) and today I re-routed the air feed from behind the front passenger fender, to the lower front grill.

Now I'm considering whether it would be beneficial to cut the standard air box a little, and sit the performance filter inside. Perhaps, this would allow the forced air to be concentrated in to the new filter and conceal my performance filter a little more for insurance purposes lol. Just a thought :-D

Opinions welcome

yer im gonna do the same with my k and n but you be suprised how much you will need to cut out of the box to do it!

i will let you know when i do mine!

what make is your filter????

today i decided to remove the lower part of the air filter box on mine but theres really no need ive had it sitting on top with a piece cut out underneath where the cold air feed gooes to the front of grille for 4 weeks but have noticed no differences today by removing it

with all this warm air its hard to get the best perfomance out of your induction kit anyway

you feel the sharper throttle responses on cold days

It's just a universal one. Makes don't make a huge difference when it comes to cone filters they are all very similar tbh. I'm going to give it a try soonish, good luck stevie.

Haha, thats not the main reason, just looking for something free to do to it until some money comes my way lol

i was just asking mate! i was gonna get a new k and n but then i see the price of them! OUCH! lol!

when we did the rolling road last year, a cone filter made no difference at all, if anything a K&N panel filter was most effective.

the cone only increases airflow not power you might feel a slight difference in throttle response on a really cold day and a nice growl from the front of the engine bay thats about it

they seem to work much better on turbo's

spike. said:
when we did the rolling road last year, a cone filter made no difference at all, if anything a K&N panel filter was most effective.

I agree mate.

I ran 132 BHP on an unmodified puma with the exception of a K&N panel filter in an FRP modded air box. worked a treat.

TyeBoi said:
spike. said:

I agree mate.

I ran 132 BHP on an unmodified puma with the exception of a K&N panel filter in an FRP modded air box. worked a treat.

mine was 131bhp with no mods

thats good with no mods cant wait to test mine with all my mods i should be getting 140+bhp i think

i will try to test at a few different places then try and get an average because one rolling road doesnt mean its true

martinthrapston said:
TyeBoi said:
spike. said:

I agree mate.

mine was 131bhp with no mods

Apart from a few "speed" holes I thought? ;)

spike. said:

I guess the only way to be 100% sure would be for someone to do back to back tests with different setups on the same car on the same dyno on the same day, but that would be a lot of messing about :)

oh you mean this thread then
http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=7827" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Back