Performance Panel Filters

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlashBastd

I am thinking about going for a performance air filter, not an induction kit, just a more free flowing filter for the (FRP type) airbox.

I would be interested in any opinions on which one to go for, or if I should just stick with my paper filter, changing every 10k.

Thanks for your time!

martinthrapston said:
K&N seem to be the best,but its down to what you want,you wont gain much if anything out of using 1 tho....

It works very well with a full Milltek exhaust system attatched to the other side of the engine too. :) :grin:

Yeah, this is why I have just stuck with paper filters in the past, just really wanted to see if there were any other sound opinions?

And I believe I have the same system as you Pete, so some performance filter might be of more benefit.

So a £35 / £40 air filter that's washable or a £7 paper one from Fords? The expensive ones don't give anymore power but do give a bit more induction noise (so I have read and listened to people telling me)

Personally a new Ford paper one every 8-10K is what I've done for 4 years and I still haven't spent what I would have on a washable one.

All my opinion of course, right or wrong before anyone starts.. :p

it increases airflow a little but you might aswell stick with the OE filter if you change it every 10k i have a K&n 571i induction kit which gives you that nice grunt sound from the front of the engine bay which pairs nicely with the bark at the rear from my full stainless exhuast

i ordered a pipercross panel filter but seller sent me a fiesta one and by the time it was returned id seen a good priced new k&n induction for sale which i snapped up instead for £50 normall price £80-90 compared with £30-35 for panel filter it was worth me paying the little extra

Dal said:
So a £35 / £40 air filter that's washable or a £7 paper one from Fords? The expensive ones don't give anymore power but do give a bit more induction noise (so I have read and listened to people telling me)

Personally a new Ford paper one every 8-10K is what I've done for 4 years and I still haven't spent what I would have on a washable one.

All my opinion of course, right or wrong before anyone starts.. :p

Well that is what I have always thought. I am leaning towards a foam panel though...

yeah get one at least its washable/reuseable but as dal says it wont give any extra power

how much have you spent on replacing OE filters? if its more than £35 then id consider a foam one

I've got a K&N induction kit on mine and to be honest i think it sounds crap. I'm considering swapping it for the K&N panel filter in the standard air box. Will hopefully quiet the engine down on motorways.

I got a K&N replacement panel filter and, while I may have needed a new filter anyway, I noticed an immediate improvement in throttle response and a nice little growl without being too intrusive. I recommend it. Got it off eBay for about £35 iirc.

Back