Pistons!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cozzer

Hi people, am taking the engine and gearbox out of my 1.7 for a refurb. Whilst the engine is out am going to get it skimmed and bored, was just wondering what size pistons i would need if i did get it bored out? Also any body got some good ideas for me whilst the beauty is stripped, money no object :)

Cheers

ha ha i would love an aston, who wouldnt!! No the car is getting done over a period of time so i can save for bits i need, thats what i was ment to say :roll:!! I wouldnt have thought a standard 1.7 would be bored to the max??

why the hell would you want to bother..?? surely there are less costly and time consuming things that you could do to a puma... You can increase the performance without re-boring the block so why ??

:?

The engine is coming out and am getting the head skimmed, so i figurerd whilst the engine is out i might aswell, and i can get it done fairly cheap as the person who can do it is a friend, so i thought why not!!

@Cozzer the 1.7 is a bored out 1.4 or 1.6 I don't recall.. I'm leaning with 1.4.

I was going to have my bottom end relined with steel liners when it was apart but the engine builder was very wary about doing it as he said there was not much material to fit the new liners to and they'd need to heat the block or something which could cause it to warp being alloy.

If you want to try it by all means go for it as I'd be interested to see the result since I chickened out. But just bare in mind what your backup plan is if it goes wrong.

You cannot bore these 1.7's unless you install a liner!!! and there aint many peeps who will do it!! and you need to cage the block, due to distortion!!!

As red said, I also chickened out!!! :p

If you need some 1.7 blocks to practise on, ive got a couple

Latest posts

Back