plastic restoring

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madhillbilly17

hi guys just come across this and thought it mite be handy for anyone thats got any plastics that have gone white,i havent tried it myself yet so cant say how safe or great it is so you will have to make your own minds up if you choose to try it :)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-dtbBzky-s[/youtube]

some of the omega owners have used this method and worked very well,also peanut butter rubbed in also helps to keep the colour

I expect it's just re-energising / heating the natural oils in the plastic.

It's a great technique for making something look new again, but unfortunately the finish won't last unless you protect it.

I've done it on the Transit to test and it does work, but it only lasted around 3 months before starting to fade again.

Try som Gtechnic C4 plastic restorer, amazing stuff,works well on black plastic,a bit pricey though but works amazingly well

have done this on my oak green mk2 golf and works spot on.have only needed to do it once in nearly 3 years and finish lasts as the heat brings the resins in the plastic back to the surface.

Hi everyone, I have a tip for keeping your plastic nice and shiny inside and out, although most of you will have already have done this before. Not to worry, a few people may still be living on the dark side of the moon. Forget the commercial vinyl enhancers, like Armourshield, just wipe over your plastics with a rag sprayed with silicone lubricant spray. Put plenty on if you wish, and let it dry over a day or so. At first touch it feels greasy, but check your fingers and you will see no trace deposits. It's so slick it feels oily, but isn't. High shine, water-repellent and cheap.. Don't spray it on your door handles though, it took me 30 mins to get into my car!!! Oh, and the steering wheel is not advised, unless you have the grip of a Tibetan milkmaid.

Back