Possible press release era jacket?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaleFraser

Evening all,
Had the need for a new jacket recently, so naturally I've opted for a 24 year old one instead.

It's genuine ford and I was wondering if anyone here might be able to place it's origin or any other interesting information on it as well as this badge I've had kicking around for a while.20211108_184400.jpgIMG_20211108_180144_034.jpgIMG_20211108_180143_979.jpg

From my limited understanding the logo embroidered was used in the press release for the ford puma.

The badge looks to refer to the optional Platinum 7000 series audio system. Interestingly, it was a cassette player that couldn't be selected with a heated windscreen! (Had better speakers, 2 subwoofers, an amplifier and was compatible with a CD changer usually fitted under the passenger seat)

I'm aware of the 7000 upgrade just hadn't come across the badge anywhere else, I'm fortunate enough to possess the upgraded speakers and amplifier but unfortunately the head unit and the front speakers were long gone from the car 🙃 I've wired mine in to a direct battery feed so I haven't lost the heated screen seemed an unusual choice to me to use the same connector but I presume it must have made it quicker to fit

Back