power steering fluid

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Martin isn't being (overly) sarcastic ( ;) ), that's what it says in the handbook!

Edit : just what he ^ said ^

I think when my clutch was done, they used 3.5lts, but not 100% sure... Zara may be able dig out the receipt, to check.

what are you doing,removing and replacing an item on the power steering or draining and replacing the fluid?
because there is no reason to replace it unless you have removed something on the system....

Ross thats brake fluid 8)

oops, good point martin, knew it needed a different fluid than "clutch" fluid, i didn't realise till then that the clutch shared the brake fluid reservoir! Thats why i pay someone to fix my car!

ye i was gonna worry about bleeding it when i got there.
wheres the bleed nipple then?
i would have thought it would sort of bleed itself and i just keep topping up accordingly no?

no bleed nipple,you need to fill up system 1st without running engine,replace cap but not tightly then start engine,turn full lock from left to right then to left about 5 times,stop engine check fluid and then top up,and then bleed again,then top up,thats the system bleed of air :eek:k:

Sorry to resurect an old thread, but what fluid should be used for this?

Just to add to the "bleeding" issue......on the early power steering models (thats early as in the late 70s) we were always told to fill up...turn to full lock..hold...back to full lock t'other way ..hold....then start engine and repeat...then check level and repeat both steps if needed.

Back