Power Steering Pump

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ianfletcher

I have got a rattling type of sound coming from the belt side of the engine. The aux belt and pulley has been replaced but the noise is still there.

I have just been out to have a good listen and it sounds like its the power steering pump so checked the fluid which is at the max line but is black coloured. I have also noticed a grinding noise when i turn the wheels in either direction especially in cold weather.

Does this mean my pas pump has had it?

which pulley did yu replace... the idler pulley or the tensioner underneath the PAS pump..?

Iv'e just changed my Aux tensioner and altenator and belt...it's made an incredible difference... the tensioner was knackered, car feels noticably more responsive now too...thats how bad it was.. :eek:

:lol:

It was this pulley

Idle-Pulley-1_7.jpg

I think its the idler pulley.

Was yours making a noise and do you have a part number for the tensioner underneath the pump?

I am also going to give the icv a clean to see if the power picks back up a bit but have read about replacing the gasket. Does this need to be done and if so can someone tell me the part number for it? :)

Back