Price of Formula E 5W30 oil at Ford Dealer shock!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
benking said:
Tom|Nbk said:
Then we add another £5 for a filter and we are at £20 plus the hassle of changing oil.

National Tyres do a full oil change for £25 all in if you book online (using Magnetec), just keep an eye on them when they do the work and check the dipstick over before you leave and normally it's ok.

Thats reasuring :roll:

Best bit bout getting your hands dirty is, you know they job is done properly

Good info though :eek:k:

It's standard with these "quick fit" garages to double check the work, they do have their fair share of bad rep but it's cheap if you're willing to take the risk with them or perhaps you've had good experience with them before like me.

Not really, do all my work my self. If i took my car to a garage id kinda hope i wouoldnt have to check anything they have done

Ben, you don't have to shoot everyone else's suggestions down in flames, just because you do it yourself. There's plenty of people who haven't the confidence, or room to do it themselves, so recommendations where you can get things done cheap can be invaluable.

benking said:
Not really, do all my work my self. If i took my car to a garage id kinda hope i wouoldnt have to check anything they have done

I always check the work because I myself don't trust garages, I'm more than competant to change oil myself and have done on all my previous cars (I've had 5 now)

For the sake of 5 quid more for someone else to get their hands dirty they can do it and not me. I just supervise the work :)

http://www.national.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

For anyone that wants an oil change cheap, click book online you get a discount for doing this and it comes to 25 quid for an oil change with free cup of coffee ;)

someone told me recently that Ford FormulaE oil was being phased out and that a fully synthetic oil would be replacing it. (FormulaF ??)

I have surfed the net without success trying to confirm this.

Anyone any wiser?

Yup - when I was collecting the last batch of oil from my local Ford dealers (to whom this thread was about) they mentioned that the Formula E was rumoured to be discontinued soon in favour of a fully synthetic version but they didn't know when.

I run mine on Motul Ford Specific Engine Oil, from Opie Oils (buy when on offer and club discount):

http://www.opieoils.co.uk/pdfs/MOTUL/Specific-Ford-913B-5W-30-8143-%28GB%29.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ford parts desk today confirmed that they're not getting any more stock of formula e, and that formula f is it's replacement. Only £3 ish more for 5 litres so not too bad considering it's fully synth rather than semi.

Dal said:
ford parts desk today confirmed that they're not getting any more stock of formula e, and that formula f is it's replacement. Only £3 ish more for 5 litres so not too bad considering it's fully synth rather than semi.

Is it ok to run fully synth in the puma, i thought i read to avoid it ?

Latest posts

Back