Project Silver rust

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A few Pictures of how it looks before both sides get painted. the reason why is, if you look the drivers door is a different shade of silver at a certain angle. It would bug the hell out of me.

S4200083.jpg

S4200082.jpg

S4200081.jpg

S4200080.jpg

Paul

Brilliant work! I don't suppose you do work for fellow forum members do you? :p

Be good to see the finished result!

^

was thinking the same.. u should set up a thread ofering this.. think u'd prob make a few quid... could also go round some of the other problimatic cars that suffer the same thing x

Hi
Both sides the same colour :grin:

S4200086.jpg

S4200085.jpg

S4200084.jpg

Thank you for all the comments, I just dont have much time to do much at the moment.
I prefer to do the spanners spent many years on them, Ive build many cars to show standards built more body kit than i can remember, supercharged and turbo,d more cars now i think it is not worth the hassle just stick a 100bph nos kit on dont put base bins in cars the pure weight of this slows the power to weight ratio down

Paul

Hi
First drive today! What did i find it goes around corners like it is on rails forgot about the fun :cool: Bad bits. discs and pads needed, back brakes need stripping and setting up cambelt to done full service gear box oil to change brake pipes need replacing as they are still original.

The tools the bit i love, i have put too many years of my wage packet's into snapon, The parts wont cost a lot so i might as well change the lot in one go.

Paul

Hi

Well done a bit more today my shopping list from work.

S4200089.jpg

Front discs and pads cream crackerd
S4200090.jpg

New babies
S4200091.jpg

rear backing plate greased ready for shoes so no squeeking when handbrake applied or footbrake.
just how a proper brake service should be.
S4200092.jpg

SHOES FITTED
S4200095.jpg

LIP GROWD OFF THE DRUM SO PERFECT SHOE AJUSTMENT
S4200094.jpg

Paul

Next on the list are the rear axle bushes which i have, 1 brake pipe fuel filter cambelt full service replace arms antiroll bar link then springs.

Also today i replaced fifth gear cog as it was noisey. lucky i had one from a fiesta in my tool box. Wheel centre caps paint and fitted. If any one wants a how to on replacing axle bushes i will do a you tube vid and cam belt on the 1.4

I will have to find a new name for the car as rusty does'nt suit it

Paul

Well i decided to buy some flat wipers from ebay £10 for 3 had them on the other car lasted 2 years so i bought some more.

The fuel filter has about rusted through so i bought a new one from work today just need to find time to do it probably same time i do the axle bushes.

S4200098.jpg

Pumanoob i will look into your clutch tomorrow not had time today.

Paul

hi mate cars looking good! what bushes you gonna replace them with?! i know the powerflex one are said to stiffen up the ride but they are a dam sight quicker to fit!

you got a link for the wipers??

Hi Steavie
I am fitting the proper bushes the powerflex bushes are to harsh and take away the comfort if i was building a track car i would use powerflex but for normal road use no good.

The wipers i got from here http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/3x-Ford-Puma-97-02-Front-Rear-Aero-Wipers-Blades-/350355410701?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item5192cf4f0d" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

i bought some bulbs and a neat little player for the car i will get pics tomorrow

Paul

Well tonight i changed the bulbs and cleaned the headlights as they were that bad i had to g3 them still some more to do.
This is were i got the bulbs.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HB3-Ring-Xenon-Max-Headlight-Bulbs-100-2-Pack-/270470090088?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3ef9460d68" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

S4200100.jpg

I also bought a radio transmitter mp3 player for the car instead of cd's i thought it would be shit but well impressed with the sound quality even on the smallest bitrate. Iwill hard wire it instead of the ciggy lighter, comes with 2gb installed and can go 8gb with sd card.

S4200102.jpg

S4200103.jpg

Link were i bought it.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/New-Built-2GB-1-8-LCD-Car-MP4-MP3-FM-Transmitter-/320520999743?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_AudioVideoElectronics_PortableAudio_MP3PlayerCarKits&hash=item4aa08a533f" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Got to work saturday so i hope i can use mates garage for the axle bushes well and truely shagged it sounds like the axle coming through the floor

Paul

Well i have done the axle bushes and brake pipe sorry pictures crap lense needed cleaning

S4200112.jpg

S4200111.jpg

Then i did the remote for the cd player, Cheers Flash for making it easy :lol: it took about 45 minutes to do. i did not have the plug for the cd player so i made one from bits i had.

S4200108.jpg

S4200109.jpg

I took notice of what Flash said about moving it closer to the steering wheel, and remember if you have long legs dont put it to far down OR YOUR KNEES WILL HIT IT.

Paul

In the grand tradition of Facebook, I 'like' this thread....

Although the couple of rust spots on my Puma are still cosmetic (just) rather than structural I had meant to sort them last summer - alas, that was not to be....

I am intending on doing a quick, sand down, apply rusteater (of some sort), prime, & repaint to tide it over and will aim to get the rot properly cut out and panels replaced/fabricated in due course.

A little udate battery packed in standing voltage 12.7volts instead of 12.54volts it still had a ford battery on so even though it turned over slow in the mornings i am taking no risks with the wife driving it.

S4200114.jpg

S4200117.jpg

S4200115.jpg

Expat make sure you use zinc prime on top of the rust eater.

Paul

Well spent a few hours today wiring in a auto lights on when dark, why i here you ask because i forget to turn them on.

S4200120.jpg

S4200121.jpg

the instruction are all but useless but what do you expect for £22.00 delivered i think give or take a £1. they work pretty well. it took about 2 hours, as i had to work out what wires do what, as i dont have the ford tis disk's anymore.

Paul

would be interested in how you done those auto lights :) things for my car in the future consist of cruise control, autolights, remote engine start and carputer :)

great work keep it comin looks like you may be replacing flash's car which is one of the cleanest and high spec;d around

Hi Clarkie

The auto lights from here http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AUTOMATIC-CAR-HEADLIGHT-SWITCH-AUTO-ON-OFF-CAR-LIGHTS-/190425907177?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2c5644bfe9" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; easy to fit as i have the wiring instructions and wiring colours to save any one the hassle. The instructions they give you will be hard for most to follow.

Cruise control of a granada as they were cable operated we used to fit them when new as they were extra's.

Car computer is not worth the hassle i have built loads. In the next few months their is a chinese version of a double din multimedia unit coming out with ANDROID on, suppose to be £250 ish, with eobd and mapping and internet

Paul

Today i have been getting rid of rust, not had much time the last few weeks. I am getting tempted to frp it or make my own rear arch panels to retain the original bumbers, then makes some moulds glass fibre copys as every one selling kits are taking peoples eyes out so if any one is good with photo shop i would like to see your designs. this will mean rust free arches front and rear.

S4200138.jpg

S4200143.jpg

S4200145.jpg

S4200149.jpg

Paul

Back