puma 1.4 mods sight

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iownawolf

hello, just wondering does anyone know a good sight for puma modifacations like induction kits and back boxes .. im currently thinking of getting the pipercross viper induction kit which is made to order for the car but costs 200 odd quid :0 anyone have one of these? are they worth the money .. i dont really want universal things as theres a sensor on the original filter box :? no good getting a open cone either as its sucking in dog poo more less :roll:

ford puma 1.4

Would never consider spending that much on induction unless upgrading the Inlet Manifold itself. Never heard much at all of the PiperX Viper on here. Generally the two most popular options is too either get yourself an FRP airbox or simply carry the mod out yourself (costs around a tenner)

http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=4781" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

or get a large open cone with a front air feed (and even some heat reflective shielding)

thanks for the advise.. but if i get a universal cone theres no where to put sensor? i think its a air temp sensor on the 1.4 and 1.6 original airbox or can i cat a hole in the intake pipe and put a rubber gourmet and fit it that way maybe ? or spend more and get one built for the car!

another option would be get a drop in performance filter and upgrade the cold air feed abit DIY :D

You don't have to buy a universal filter.
You can buy them with a hole in them which is specially designed for the air temp sensor.

I was close to getting the pk127 but I made a last sec decision and ordered the pipercross vfc127 viper :0 heard good things about it can't wait for postage :)

Back