Puma failed MOT - scrap/spares value?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thefearfulsilence

My Puma failed it's MOT today. Basically the engine is about knackered (I was pretty sure it would fail anyway). The emissions test was a failure by a country mile. Other failure points were a brake cylinder, tyre, two rear brake pipes and a bush at the front. Also oil almost literally poured out of the back of the engine when the fast-idle part of the emissions test was carried out.
I've had the car classified as scrapped but how much should I be looking to ask for it when I sell it for scrap? Its a V reg (1999) 1.7 in silver with lux pack if that helps.

I got rid of mine in August, and a quick check of the spreadsheet I made:

£30 for Drivers door
£240 for the leather interior
£30 for the boot
£50ish from random bits
£101 for shell
Tax if you have any to cash in.
£50 for front lights
£20 each for rear lights

I'm sure there's more, but I scrapped the shell as it was in the way. Either way, I bought my new car for £400, and made a nice profit by getting rid of the Puma.

Depending what scrap metal is doing by you, I'd be budgetting around £70-80 for a stripped shell.

Other bits minus the engine probably another few hundred.

£50 for front lights and £20ea for rears sounds a bit optimistic, you might get that once if you're lucky but I've got rears on Ebay now for a fiver with no interest. Front ones £30ea if they're very nice.

Latest posts

Back